John Hopkins Chief Diversity Officer Retracts and Disavows Privilege ‘Hit List’

SDwaters

American Greatness

:snip:

“Privilege is an unearned benefit given to people who are in a specific social group. Privilege operates on personal, interpersonal, cultural and institutional levels, and it provides advantages and favors to members of dominant groups at the expense of members of other groups,” Monthly Diversity Digest asserted, adding,  “In the United States, privilege is granted to people who have membership in one or more of these social identity groups: White people, able-bodied people, heterosexuals, heterosexuals, males, Christians, middle or owning class people, middle-aged people, and English-speaking people.”

:snip:

I'm pretty sure that anyone who had to work their butt on to get into and/or graduate from JH would be pretty offended (maybe stop writing checks too?).

• Like 2

“The January edition of the monthly newsletter from the Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity used language that contradicts the values of Johns Hopkins as an institution. Dr. Sherita Golden, Johns Hopkins Medicine’s Chief Diversity Officer, has sincerely acknowledged this mistake and retracted the language used in the message,” a spokesperson said.

Translation: I don't want to lose my job.

3 years ago she would not have written this.

• Like 1