Stefanik slams NBC as 'biased' while on NBC, says 'Biden and Democrats are a threat to democracy'

Valin

Just The News

"We will see if this is a legal and valid election," Stefanik said about certifying the 2024 election.

Madeleine Hubbard

Jan. 7 2024

Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., on Sunday slammed NBC News as biased during an appearance on the network. She said President Joe Biden and the Democratic Party pose a "threat to democracy," and she did not pledge to vote in favor of certifying the 2024 presidential election. 

NBC's "Meet the Press" played an excerpt from Stefanik's speech from the evening of the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, in which she said it was a "tragic day for America" and "violence in any form is absolutely unacceptable" and those responsible "must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." Host Kristen Welker then asked Stefanik whether she still believed Jan. 6 was tragic and those behind it should be held responsible.

"Well, first of all, Kristen, as typical for NBC and the biased media, you played one excerpt of my speech. I stand by my comments that I made on the House floor," Stefanik said.

Later in the interview, Welker asked Stefanik about Trump's comments that migrants are "poisoning the blood of our country," which the Biden campaign says echoes Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.

"Well, yet again, we have the media, which is so biased, which is reiterating whatever the talking points the Biden campaign is giving," Stefanik responded. 

(Snip)

OUCH