‘She’s dead, she’s dead’: Jan. 6 video has new angle on Ashli Babbitt shooting

Geee

Washington Examiner

A video timeline produced by Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol protesters shows a clearer picture of the shooting death of Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt by a Capitol Police officer.

The just-released video, “J6: A True Timeline,” shows the moment Babbitt attempted to enter the House speaker’s lobby and was shot by Lt. Michael Byrd in the neck or shoulder.

“She’s dead, she’s dead,” a protester cried out. “They just killed a girl,” yelled another.

Drawn from official video, police body cameras, surveillance film, and the videos of those at the Capitol, the new timeline tries to put into focus the chaos of the day and include some of the context left out of media summations and the report released by the House Jan. 6 investigation.

It highlights the aggressiveness of both sides and especially shows examples of a handful of police forcefully holding back the crowds who attempted to protest the election of Joe Biden as president. A video shows officers shooting rubber balls and chemicals into crowds.:snip:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geee said:

In law enforcement THIS is the unforgivable sin.

Byrd_Gun_House-Floor.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

As I have mentioned before EVERYTHING in this  image is WRONG! Ok one thing right, no one has their finger on the trigger. That is the only thing I see right in  this photo.

2 hours ago, Valin said:

In law enforcement THIS is the unforgivable sin.

Byrd_Gun_House-Floor.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

As I have mentioned before EVERYTHING in this  image is WRONG! Ok one thing right, no one has their finger on the trigger. That is the only thing I see right in  this photo.

Well, they didn't get (and probably never will) any criminal justice, so I hope they get some civil justice and one hell of a settlement. Seems like the privileged class is getting whopping settlements for claiming someone patted them on the ass - does murder count if your a conservative???

• Like 1

After Shooting Ashli Babbitt, Capitol Police Lt. Made False Radio Report: Lawsuit

Within a minute after firing the fatal bullet that struck Ashli Babbitt on Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd broadcast a radio report claiming shots were being fired at him in the Speaker’s Lobby and he was “prepared to fire back,” a federal lawsuit alleges.

The previously undisclosed radio dispatch is also contained on an audio recording obtained exclusively by The Epoch Times of the “OPS2” dispatch channel used by Capitol Police on Jan. 6.

Information on the recording is contained in a federal lawsuit filed on Jan. 5 by Ms. Babbitt’s widower, Aaron Babbitt of San Diego. Mr. Babbitt, backed in his lawsuit by Judicial Watch, is seeking $30 million from the U. S. government for wrongful death.

According to the lawsuit, Mr. Byrd fired his Glock 22 .40-caliber pistol, striking Ms. Babbitt in the left shoulder, then announced that he was being fired upon and was ready to return fire.

“In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers,” the lawsuit stated. “The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli. He heard the loud noise of the gunshot. He saw her fall backward from the window frame.”:snip:

40 minutes ago, Geee said:

After Shooting Ashli Babbitt, Capitol Police Lt. Made False Radio Report: Lawsuit

Within a minute after firing the fatal bullet that struck Ashli Babbitt on Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd broadcast a radio report claiming shots were being fired at him in the Speaker’s Lobby and he was “prepared to fire back,” a federal lawsuit alleges.

Ya know Byrd is just not the brightest bulb on the tree. It would be interesting to  find out what his fellow officers think of him, as a leader.

Private Bucklin:
I'm tired, Colonel. I've had all of this army and all of these officers, this damned Hooker, this damned idiot Meade, all of them, the whole bloody lousy rotten mess of sick-brained, pot-bellied scabheads that ain't fit to lead a johnny detail, ain't fit to pour pee out of a boot with instructions on the heel.