RIP – American Comedy Legend Tommy Smothers Passes Away at Age 86

Geee

Gateway Pundit

Tommy Smothers, the older half of the ‘Smothers Brothers’ comedy duo has passed away. He was 86 years old.

His younger brother Dick is 84 and announced the news on Wednesday. Tommy apparently battled cancer which eventually claimed his life.

In addition to their own variety show, the Smothers Brothers were a staple of television for decades, appearing on countless comedy shows.

The Hollywood Reporter has details:

Tom Smothers, Comedian, Musician and Scourge of CBS Censors, Dies at 86

Tom Smothers, the countercultural comedy icon admired for the 1960s variety program he created and hosted with his younger brother, Dick, and for the tenacity he displayed in frequent clashes with CBS censors, has died. He was 86.

Smothers died Tuesday at his home in Santa Rosa, California, after a battle with cancer, his brother announced in a statement shared with The Hollywood Reporter by the National Comedy Center.:snip:

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Geee said:

I will say once more - back when the nights shows AND the comedians were actually funny

That is RACIST

You'll notice they never had any albino black satanist vegan muslin transgender lesbian dwarves on.

No one is free until Everyone is Free! 

Albino Black Satanist Vegan Muslin Transgender Lesbian Dwarves Lives Matter!

16 minutes ago, Valin said:

Albino Black Satanist Vegan Muslin Transgender Lesbian Dwarves Lives Matter!

That sounds like half the ads for the reality shows on TV now. You want an example of how badly we have dumbed society down - people have to actually be watching that garbage for them to keep producing it. Sad Sad Sad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geee said:

That sounds like half the ads for the reality shows on TV now. You want an example of how badly we have dumbed society down - people have to actually be watching that garbage for them to keep producing it. Sad Sad Sad

If I were the sort of person to ridicule them I might have some fun. Its a good thing I'm not. :D