Hunter Biden ducks House interview under threat of contempt, begs for public hearing instead

Valin

New York Post

Steven Nelson and  Josh Christenson
Dec. 13, 2023

First son Hunter Biden made a shameless plea for public sympathy outside the Capitol on Wednesday — skipping a transcribed interview with the House Oversight Committee under the threat of being held in contempt.

“For six years, I’ve been the target of the unrelenting Trump attack machine shouting, ‘Where’s Hunter?’ Well, here’s my answer, ‘I am here,’” said Hunter, 53. 

“Let me state as clearly as I can: my father was not financially involved in my business, not as a practicing lawyer, not as a board member of Burisma. Not my partnership with a Chinese private businessman, not in my investments at home nor abroad, and certainly not as an artist.”

(Snip)

As Trey Gowdy has  pointed out. ( paraphrase) One way to  tell if a Congressional  Hearing is serious or not is if thee witness/witnesses are Deposed before a public hearing. The Deposition is Always behind closed Doors.

Dec 13, 2023

Megyn Kelly is joined by Margot Cleveland, lawyer for the New Civil Liberties Alliance, and Peter Schweizer, host of The Drill Down podcast, to discuss the reasons we already know President Biden has committed bribery because his family was enriched, the evidence of corruption that has been revealed so far, the shifting narrative about President Biden's involvement in Hunter Biden's business, and more

Dec 13, 2023

Megyn Kelly is joined by Margot Cleveland, lawyer for the New Civil Liberties Alliance, and Peter Schweizer, host of The Drill Down podcast, to discuss Hunter Biden playing the victim and speaking to the press instead of testifying before Congress, the contempt proceedings that will now take place against him, the relevance of Hunter Biden's lobbying operations, what we know about President Biden's involvement, and more.

Oversight Member Indicates They Might Hold Swalwell in Contempt for Arranging Hunter's Capitol Remarks

Hunter Biden was supposed to comply with a subpoena and give a closed-door deposition to the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday. Instead, he showed up on the Senate side of the Capitol and gave a speech attacking the Republicans, on the steps in an area known as the "Senate Swamp." Somehow, "swamp" was apropos for the bunch of bull that Hunter put out there, as he gave the Oversight Committee the finger and blew off the subpoena. 

That now opens Hunter up for a contempt charge, and House Oversight has indicated that they are starting the process. 

That also raised potential questions for Joe Biden, who knew what Hunter was going to say ahead of time, raising the question of whether he was involved in any obstruction. That could also potentially be an impeachable offense. Plus, Joe Biden had previously said people who defied subpoenas should be prosecuted. 

But, there was another part of the story of those remarks that raised a lot of eyebrows -- why was Hunter Biden showing up there with Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA)? 

Turns out that it was Swalwell who arranged for him to speak there. Swalwell admitted he did it. 

Describing the president’s son as “a recovering addict who has admitted his mistakes and has been clean for many years,” Swalwell said the former president “has directed MAGA Republicans to weaponize Hunter’s past addiction to attack President Biden, someone Trump and House Republicans won’t acknowledge won the 2020 election.”

“There is absolutely zero evidence Hunter or his father acted corruptly,” Swalwell added. “So I’m not going to sit quietly and let MAGA Republicans do Trump’s bidding in Congress.”

So, you had a member of Congress helping someone who is blowing off a Congressional subpoena. At the very least, Swalwell seems to be serving Hunter Biden rather than his obligations to Congress and the law. That could be a bit of a problem for Swalwell, who was chucked off the House Intelligence Committee for his relationship with a woman believed to be a Chinese operative. Funny how he's helping the Bidens, who are being investigated over alleged corruption connected to the Chinese. :snip:

Dec 15, 2023
Megyn Kelly is joined by former CIA agent and deception expert Phil Houston to talk about how he noticed so many lies and "tells" in Hunter Biden's latest comments this week.

Philip Houston is a nationally recognized authority on deception detection, critical interviewing and elicitation. His 25-year career with the Central Intelligence Agency included thousands of interviews and interrogations for the CIA and other federal agencies, both as an investigator and as a polygraph examiner. He is credited with developing a detection of deception methodology currently employed throughout the U.S. intelligence and federal law enforcement communities. Phil introduced the detection of deception methodology to the corporate world with the co-founding of Business Intelligence Advisors, where he works with the company's largest clients in the U.S. and abroad. Houston is also the author of Spy the Lie.