Cop who shot Ashli Babbitt owes IRS big time

Geee

American Thinker

With a substantial number of new Internal Revenue agents, surely one can go after Capitol Police Captain Michael Byrd for the $56,365.71 he has owed IRS since 2019. A recent call to Prince George’s County Courts, MD, confirmed that the lien has not been paid. 

A news article finally identified Lt. Michael Leroy Byrd of Brandywine, MD, seven months after he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt on January 6, 2021. The Babbitt family attorney, Terry Roberts, said that if Byrd were White, instead of Black, he would have been identified immediately. He said race was “clearly a factor” in hiding Byrd’s identity.

Byrd told fellow officers the next day that he would be treated differently because of his rank as a lieutenant. And he was. He was not fired as he should have been.

But he had problems before that. In 2019 Byrd was the commander of the House Chambers section of the Capitol Police. He made news when he left his loaded firearm in a public visitor’s center bathroom. His Glock-22 had no manual safety to prevent unintended firing. That made the incident particularly concerning. The gun was discovered later in a routine check by another officer.

I stumbled across this tax deadbeat while working with author Jack Cashill in my role as a licensed private investigator. Although the court tax filing listed Byrd’s previous address, those crack IRS investigators should have found him as easily as I did. If they contact me, I’ll be happy to share his new address.:snip:

59 minutes ago, Geee said:
American Thinker

With a substantial number of new Internal Revenue agents, surely one can go after Capitol Police Captain Michael Byrd for the $56,365.71 he has owed IRS since 2019. A recent call to Prince George’s County Courts, MD, confirmed that the lien has not been paid. 

A news article finally identified Lt. Michael Leroy Byrd of Brandywine, MD, seven months after he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt on January 6, 2021. The Babbitt family attorney, Terry Roberts, said that if Byrd were White, instead of Black, he would have been identified immediately. He said race was “clearly a factor” in hiding Byrd’s identity.

Byrd told fellow officers the next day that he would be treated differently because of his rank as a lieutenant. And he was. He was not fired as he should have been.

But he had problems before that. In 2019 Byrd was the commander of the House Chambers section of the Capitol Police. He made news when he left his loaded firearm in a public visitor’s center bathroom. His Glock-22 had no manual safety to prevent unintended firing. That made the incident particularly concerning. The gun was discovered later in a routine check by another officer.

I stumbled across this tax deadbeat while working with author Jack Cashill in my role as a licensed private investigator. Although the court tax filing listed Byrd’s previous address, those crack IRS investigators should have found him as easily as I did. If they contact me, I’ll be happy to share his new address.:snip:

After he shot and killed 14-year Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt on January 6, 2021, Byrd had plenty of opportunity to save money. Documents obtained by Judicial Watch show that then Lieutenant Byrd and a pet stayed in a “Distinguished Visitor Suite” at the Presidential Inn at Andrews Air Force Base from July 8, 2021, through January 28, 2022. While living off the largess of the taxpayers, Byrd also collected $122,000 through a GoFundMe account. Defendants accused in the Capitol riot turned to Christian sites to raise money for legal fees.

Who says crime doesn't pay.  you just have to be in the right gang.

capital-police-security-001.jpg?resize=1

Let me say there is So Much Wrong with what these folks are doing, it really should be shown at every law enforcement academy, security course. Under DON'T DO THIS

• Like 1