Al Gore Goes Off the Rails About Mental Illness and Climate Change, Then It Gets Worse

Geee

RedState

It's a safe bet that when you're writing a story about something Al Gore said, it will involve climate change and something silly. But even for him, his comment during an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper was off the rails. It would be fair to say he even went a step further, saying the quiet part out loud and revealing who the real danger to our Republic is. 

On "State of the Union," Tapper asked Gore about the very real possibility that former President Trump could be the 2024 nominee and might win the presidency again. 

Gore spun the comment about Trump saying he wanted to be a dictator, leaving out the context of what Trump said which made it clear Trump was mocking the Democratic claims about him being a dictator. Gore talked about what it would take for people to believe Trump when he tells them what he is. 

I wonder what it will take for the Democrats to stop continually spinning about Trump and having him live rent-free in their heads. 

Gore said the answer was activism for those who loved "American democracy," and who wanted to "preserve our capacity to govern ourselves."

"There is a mental health crisis around the world....I think that one of the main reasons for that is that young people look at the fact that we are not yet solving the climate crisis or dealing with some of these other challenges," Gore claimed. He said that we know what to do and have the means to do it, but have to make the political commitment.

“The shift from an information ecosystem based on print to one based on broadcasting and then moving on to the internet and to social media has disrupted the balances that used to exist that made representative democracy work much better," Gore said.

Translation: The government and elite media can't control the game like they used to anymore. That's bad, to him, because you might get other information.

That's certainly unique, even for Gore. Not "solving" climate change causes mental illness? Perhaps he'd like to explain that one because I think most people aren't getting that. Unless he's saying that he's driving people crazy with what he has to say. Is that what he's saying -- that leftists have driven people crazy? And while he says they know what to do, he's been so wrong about so many things over the years, I don't think anyone would trust what he has to say on much at this point.:snip: