Sheila Jackson Lee Suffers Blowout Defeat In Houston Mayor Runoff Election

Valin

The Daily Wire

Ryan Saavedra
Dec 9, 2023

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) suffered a blowout defeat Saturday night in Houston’s mayoral runoff election against Texas Sen. John Whitmire (D-15).

Whitmire, 74, focused his campaign on reducing crime in the city, the Associated Press reported, noting that he heavily outspent Jackson Lee.

With 57% of the expected votes counted, Whitmire was up 86,734 votes to 49,075 votes, 63.9% to 36.1%, NBC News reported.

Jackson Lee’s campaign was embroiled in controversy after an audio recording was released back in October in which Jackson Lee was allegedly berating staffers.

(Snip)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Geee said:

All I can say is God was looking down kindly on Houston.

I have read that crime is Really Bad in Huston. Whitmire has said this will be his 1st focus. Step 1 Hire More Police.

• Like 1

Sheila Jackson Lee files reelection bid for her House seat after losing Houston mayor’s race

Two days after she lost her bid to become Houston’s next mayor, Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has filed for reelection to her seat in Congress.

Jackson Lee, 73, filed paperwork for reelection on Monday. She enters the race for the safe blue House seat she has held for nearly three decades after state Sen. John Whitmire defeated her in a landslide loss to become the mayor of Houston on Saturday, 64%-36%.:snip:

3 hours ago, Geee said:

Can she not just GO AWAY!!!!!

An Actual Thought just occurred to me. Ever notice when Republicans lose an election they go away, leave the stage. Not so with Democrats. Its like they have Nothing outside of  Politics.

42 minutes ago, Valin said:

Not so with Democrats. Its like they have Nothing outside of  Politics.

Or get cushy paying 'jobs' on corporate boards or colleges doing nothing.