Ryan O’Neal dead at 82

Valin

Fox News

"Love Story" and "Peyton Place" star Ryan O'Neal has died.

"Yes my father passed away today," Ryan's son Patrick O'Neal told Fox News Digital, adding he "wrote a tribute to my dad from the heart."

Patrick took to Instagram Friday, writing, "So this is the toughest thing I’ve ever had to say but here we go. My dad passed away peacefully today, with his loving team by his side supporting him and loving him as he would us."

(Snip)

Dec 8, 2023
Celebrate Ryan O'Neal's career today with this very funny conversation about his early years on TV and his co-star from WILD ROVERS, William Holden. Ryan, who died at the age of 82, Dec 8, 2023, after a long battle with cancer, joined producer Rob Word at The Autry Museum for a special look back at his career.  
Ryan talked with Rob about growing up in Hollywood, his screenwriting Father, Charles O'Neal  (RETURN OF THE BAD MEN), their neighbor Henry Brandon (THE SEARCHERS), early stunt and acting work on Kirk Douglas’ International TV production of TALES OF THE VIKINGS, Mia Farrow’s self-inflicted G.I. JANE haircut during the run of their hit series PEYTON PLACE, Tuesday Weld and getting his screen acting card by working on THE MANY LOVES OF DOBIE GILLIS, reuniting with Ali McGraw his LOVE STORY co-star, and much more.  
You won’t believe what William Holden did with his Best Actor Academy Award! Ryan O’Neal recalls his friendship with his Oscar-winning WILD ROVERS co-star and reveals what happened to Holden’s trophy.  
Ryan was always exciting to be with.  He had his demons but we connected as movie lovers.  He was a real film buff and he kept me on my toes.  I'm pretty good, too.  But when I'd stump him or correct him, he'd punch me in my arm...hard.  He was a boxer, too! Ouch. I loved his sense of humor and his contrary attitude.  He made several films with Peter Bogdanovich  (PAPER MOON, WHAT'S UP, DOC?) that have become classics, starred in Walter Hill's unfairly neglected existential noir, THE DRIVER, and what many believe to be his finest performance as BARRY LYNDON .  Sure glad he joined us for this interview on Sept 20, 2016. Condolences to his family, friends and fans.  R.I.P.

• Sad 1