The deep meaning of Goldie (Kill The Jews)

Valin

Power Line

Scot Johnson

Dec. 4 2023

I offered 10 notes on Erik Larson’s In the Garden of Beasts in “In Larson’s garden.” The book tells the story of United States Ambassador William E. Dodd as he witnessed the rising terror of Hitler’s rule. Larson gives us Hitler and the Nazi regime through Dodd’s eyes in Berlin in mid-1933 when the future was an open question. In my tenth note I asked: if you had been an American in Berlin in 1933, what would you have seen? What would you have said? What would you have done? What conclusions would you have drawn?

Since the Hamas massacres of October 7 and the marches supporting them in the United States, the questions have hit closer to home. Yesterday, for example, an anti-Semitic mob screamed threats into Philadelphia’s “Jewish-owned falafel store” (as the Daily Mail describes it) Goldie.

Goldie describes itself on its About Us page:

(Snip)

Sam Harris reformulated my Garden of Beasts questions to fit current events in his November 7 podcast:

Incidentally, if you ever wondered how you might have behaved had you been a German on the morning after Kristallnacht—if you’ve ever wondered whether you would have just gone about your business or done something to resist the slide of your society into absolute depravity—more or less everyone on Earth is now getting the chance to see just that. There was a mob chanting “Gas the Jews” in front of the Sydney Opera House. We have Jewish students in Ivy League universities cowering behind locked doors in fear for their physical safety. All university administrators, and Diversity Equity and Inclusion geniuses, and Hollywood celebrities who rushed to sign open letters in support of the Palestinian cause, without taking a moment to understand what actually happened on October 7th, or understanding it and not caring, you are all now part of history.

History marches on.

State Dept. Reveals Horrific Reason Female Hostages Haven't Been Released by Hamas

:snip:

According to State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller, the Iranian backed terrorist organization isn't releasing additional female hostages, who were violently taken from their homes and a music festival in Israel on October 7, because they know and have experienced too much while in captivity. In other words, they don't want them speaking out about what has been done to them. :snip:

• Like 1

@Geee

What I am seeing is  yet one more divide in America. On one side the Brown Shirts (from the river to the sea... ie Kill a Jews), on the other the sane reality based people.

Statement from Senator Fetterman on Israel

WASHINGTON, DC – Pennsylvania U.S. Senator John Fetterman on Wednesday released the following statement:

“Innocent Israelis were the victims of a terrorist attack that resulted in the largest loss of Jewish lives since the Holocaust. Now we know that the tragedy at the Gaza hospital was not caused by Israel. I grieve for every innocent person and brave Israeli soldier killed since Hamas started this war. If not for the horrific attacks by Hamas terrorists, thousands of innocent Israelis and Palestinians would still be alive today.

“Now is not the time to talk about a ceasefire. We must support Israel in their efforts to eliminate the Hamas terrorists who slaughtered innocent men, women, and children. Hamas does not want peace, they want to destroy Israel. We can talk about a ceasefire after Hamas is neutralized.

“In the meantime, I look forward to working with my colleagues in the Senate to quickly deliver the aid our ally Israel needs. This includes confirming ambassador-nominee Jack Lew as soon as possible.”

Maybe he's Not as Nuts as we thought....at least on this. He has taken A Lot Of Flack for this.

There's a line from Babylon 5

"If Sheridan's forces are defeated, then Earth will turn in upon itself. They will become isolated or they'll turn against the rest of us."
"Politically it is very wise."
"Morally it is even wiser."
"Politics and morality on the same side! That doesn't happen every day, Delenn."

-- Vir, Londo, G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Between the Darkness and the Light"

3 hours ago, Valin said:

@Geee

What I am seeing is  yet one more divide in America. On one side the Brown Shirts (from the river to the sea... ie Kill a Jews), on the other the sane reality based people.

Statement from Senator Fetterman on Israel

Dem Congresswoman Says She Was Doxxed Multiple Times After Condemning Hamas’ Rape Of Israeli Women

“The very first week of this [Hamas] attack, I condemned the raping of women and said that no one could condone it, and Palestinian men went after me — called me a liar, demanded I retracted it. I got doxxed over the subject,” Dingell told CNN’s Kasie Hunt, according to The Hill. “I have spent the last seven weeks researching the raping of women that has occurred in the Mideast. It is outrageous. I condemn it.”

The Michigan Democrat said she was stunned to witness the “vicious” attacks from anti-Israel voices and activists, including women, who called on her to retract her condemnation of Hamas. But Dingell said the extreme opposition to her stance only made her double down. 

“All it did was make me angrier,” she said. “This is going to be an issue I am seriously going to take on.”

“Rape is a tool of war. It is violence that should be exercised against no woman — any woman: a Jewish woman, an Arab woman, a white woman, a black woman, and I unequivocally stand against it,” Dingell added.

Group Pulls Hanukkah Event From Williamsburg, VA Festival So As Not to Offend Jew-Haters

Leftists seem terribly concerned with making sure they don’t offend Hamas-loving terrorist supporters who’ve spent the last two months cheering on the death of Israelis and calling for the annihilation of their country. On the other hand, few seem worried about openly giving the middle finger to the Jews.

Case in point: Williamsburg, Virgina, where a Menorah lighting ceremony was just canceled for fear of offending people who...well, hate the Jews.

LoveLight Placemaking said they’re nixing their planned Hanukkah event from their Second Sundays Art & Music Festival, scheduled for December 10, over worries that it would be seen by pro-Palestine groups as “siding with” the Jews, as the holiday celebration could be interpreted as "supporting the killing/bombing of thousands of men, women, and children.”

Shirley Vermillion, the festival’s founder, said the event “seemed very inappropriate” as “the concern is of folks feeling like we are siding with a group over the other...not a direction we ever decide to head.”:snip:

13 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

Looks like Williamsburg just did

Sad.😢 Williamsburg was founded by people who were seeking freedom. Ironic isn't it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SDwaters said:

9 hours ago, MISBAILEY said:

Sad.😢 Williamsburg was founded by people who were seeking freedom. Ironic isn't it?

To quote  David Bowie "This Is Not America."

First they came for the Saturday people, then they came for the Sunday people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1