Can Trump Actually Win in November?

Geee

TownHall

There’s a huge difference between some chud with a username like @MagaBeefcake8008 insisting that Trump can win in the general election, and some neutral guy who’s earned a little bit of respect for actually performing adequately over time with his predictions saying so. Well, that’s happening. People who are not bizarre weirdos who previously thought Donald Trump was doomed in the general are now arguing that Donald Trump might well win. Is it true? That’s debatable, and I am not convinced. But what’s not debatable is that some intelligent and reasonable people who are not involved in Trump’s campaign and who have no dog in the fight have changed their minds about Trump’s ability to win in November. Wherever you stand on an issue, you have to consider all the evidence, even if it challenges what you think. Especially if it challenges what you think.

This bears close examination because electability is key. Much of the rationale behind a Ron DeSantis campaign is that Ron DeSantis really can win in November while Trump really can’t. His recent disposal of that human hairstyle of a Cali governor reaffirmed his skills. Governor RDS is a great guy – I support him in the primary, though I will vote for the GOP nominee, even if it is Nikki Bush Haley (gag me with a 5-inch heel). DeSantis is better on the issues than Trump, but the fact is that Trump is more than good enough on policy. Yeah, he’s had some fails, like his COVID nonsense, but an actual conservative should be thrilled to have another Trump presidency compared with another term of the pinko freaknik that is the Biden show. You can be annoyed by DJT’s dumb nicknames and ridiculous social media ramblings, but none of that matters. He is not running to be your buddy or role model. He’s running to be your president. 

So, if Trump takes electability off the table, his only real competitor – Ron DeSantis has a problem. And no, Nikki Haley is not a competitor, unless the Earth slips through a wormhole and is transported back in time 20 years to when her establishment corporation-stroking brand of hack failure conservatism was ascendant. :snip:

@Geee

First, Trende points out the Trump is doing better than ever in the respected RCP average of polls.

Which Means....What?

As for Polls just in recent History can we  go back to the Fall of 2016? 

Alas the Comments are hidden behind the paywall :(i would have loved to read  them.

You can be annoyed by DJT’s dumb nicknames and ridiculous social media ramblings, but none of that matters. He is not running to be your buddy or role model. He’s running to be your president. 

Like This?

Donald Trump blames Ron ‘DeSanctimonious’ for FSU being left out of College Football Playoffs

Former President Donald Trump is blaming a familiar foe for the Florida State University (FSU) Seminoles not making the College Football Playoffs — his chief political rival and fellow Florida man, Gov. Ron DeSantis.

In a post to Truth Social, Trump said “Florida State was treated very badly by the ‘Committee.'”

“They become the first Power Five team to be left out of the College Football Playoffs. Really bad lobbying effort…Lets blame DeSanctimonious!!!”

10 minutes ago, Valin said:

Alas the Comments are hidden behind the paywall :(i would have loved to read  them.

Like This?

Donald Trump blames Ron ‘DeSanctimonious’ for FSU being left out of College Football Playoffs

Former President Donald Trump is blaming a familiar foe for the Florida State University (FSU) Seminoles not making the College Football Playoffs — his chief political rival and fellow Florida man, Gov. Ron DeSantis.

In a post to Truth Social, Trump said “Florida State was treated very badly by the ‘Committee.'”

“They become the first Power Five team to be left out of the College Football Playoffs. Really bad lobbying effort…Lets blame DeSanctimonious!!!”

th-3390597390.jpeg

• Like 1