Donald Trump takes credit for Chuck Grassley's reelection during Iowa stop

Valin

The Washington Examiner

Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
November 18, 2023

Former President Donald Trump claimed he personally helped Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IO) win his eighth election.

Trump was in Iowa on Saturday, speaking at Fort Dodge Senior High School for his Team Trump Iowa Commit to Caucus Event. This was the candidate's event instead of attending Friday's Thanksgiving Family Forum Friday, where his opponents Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley were in attendance.

"I got a lot of guys elected here, including Grassley, who was having a problem. Including Joni Ernst, who had a big problem," Trump said. "Could you do, sir, a rally for me in Iowa? Absolutely. You think it‘s easy to come from wherever the hell I am and do a rally? I got them elected. Remember that. But Ron DeSantis, I got him elected."

Grassley, 89, has long won his elections by a comfortable majority, but it has decreased over recent elections. In 2010, Grassley won 64% of the vote, then in 2016, he won with just over 60% of the vote, and in 2022 he won with 56%.

The senior senator's office did not respond to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

(Snip)

Donald Trump, He's not conceded he's convinced.

"I I I, Me Me Me."

Donald Trump.

17 minutes ago, Valin said:
The Washington Examiner

Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
November 18, 2023

Former President Donald Trump claimed he personally helped Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IO) win his eighth election.

Trump was in Iowa on Saturday, speaking at Fort Dodge Senior High School for his Team Trump Iowa Commit to Caucus Event. This was the candidate's event instead of attending Friday's Thanksgiving Family Forum Friday, where his opponents Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley were in attendance.

"I got a lot of guys elected here, including Grassley, who was having a problem. Including Joni Ernst, who had a big problem," Trump said. "Could you do, sir, a rally for me in Iowa? Absolutely. You think it‘s easy to come from wherever the hell I am and do a rally? I got them elected. Remember that. But Ron DeSantis, I got him elected."

Grassley, 89, has long won his elections by a comfortable majority, but it has decreased over recent elections. In 2010, Grassley won 64% of the vote, then in 2016, he won with just over 60% of the vote, and in 2022 he won with 56%.

The senior senator's office did not respond to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

(Snip)

Donald Trump, He's not conceded he's convinced.

"I I I, Me Me Me."

Donald Trump.

If I remember right, Iowa Granny and the organization she started in Iowa (American Future Fund) had a lot to do with that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

If I remember right, Iowa Granny and the organization she started in Iowa (American Future Fund) had a lot to do with that. 

"I I I, Me Me Me."

REALLY HATE  that about Trump.  Everything good is All HIM, anything Bad, its those disloyal Losers, who went behind his back to destroy him....and America.

Every politician has trouble saying those 3 little words "I Was Wrong". but Trump turns that dial up to 11.

Oh and he is NOT going to change. WYSWYG

1 hour ago, Geee said:

AmishDude

@TheAmishDude

This is a hint, by the way.

It is clear Grassley and Ernst refused to endorse him when he asked.

Acyn

@Acyn

Trump: I got a lot of guys elected here, including Grassley, who was having a problem. Including Joni Ernst, who had a big problem… You think it’s easy for me to come from wherever the hell I am and do a rally. I got them elected. Remember that

@Valin This X quote from AmishDude, a  former poster here who IS from Iowa

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Geee said:

AmishDude

@TheAmishDude

This is a hint, by the way.

It is clear Grassley and Ernst refused to endorse him when he asked.

Acyn

@Acyn

Trump: I got a lot of guys elected here, including Grassley, who was having a problem. Including Joni Ernst, who had a big problem… You think it’s easy for me to come from wherever the hell I am and do a rally. I got them elected. Remember that

@Valin This X quote from AmishDude, a  former poster here who IS from Iowa

So I guess this means they Hate America?

AmishDude I remember him.

Trumps campaign is based on Poll numbers.  Now they have been consistently Good/Great. However IF he underperforms or loses any of the early primary/caucus states...ya know.  *His support is broadly based, but how deep?

* A lot of the support is on how he has been (mis)treated by The Media, and the Trials. I don't care if someone is a big Trump supporter or not, these trials are B..S! :angry: