Sen. Joe Manchin Will NOT Run For Reelection In 2024

Geee

NBC News
  • On Thursday, Senator Joe Manchin, a centrist Democrat from West Virginia, made the highly anticipated announcement that he will not seek re-election next year, a decision that is expected to have a significant impact on the 2024 Senate control contest.
  • “After months of deliberation and long conversations with my family, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have accomplished what I set out to do for West Virginia. I have made one of the toughest decisions of my life and decided that I will not be running for re-election to the United States Senate, but what I will be doing is traveling the country and speaking out to see if there is an interest in creating a movement to mobilize the middle and bring Americans together,” Manchin said in a written and video statement.
  • “To the West Virginians who have put their trust in me and fought side by side to make our state better — it has been an honor of my life to serve you. Thank you,” he said.:snip:

Joe Manchin declines to say whether he will run for president

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) declined to comment on whether or not he would run for president in 2024 after announcing recently that he would not be running for reelection in the Senate.

In an interview on CBS Evening News with Norah O'Donnell, Manchin spoke about the future of the country and his own political career, speaking for the first time since announcing he wouldn't be running for reelection. As with most interviews in recent months, Manchin remained evasive, refusing to say whether he would run for president in 2024, but he dismissed concerns that doing so would guarantee a victory for former President Donald Trump.

"It's not about me. It's not about the next election. I keep telling you; this is a movement," Manchin answered when asked if he would run for president in 2024.:snip:

13 minutes ago, Valin said:

The underlying message (I  see) is a lot of Democrats are concerned about Grandpa, and want to take the car keys away from him.

But, as with real life, no one wants to be the one to tell him :lmfao:

• Haha 1