TRUMP FRAUD TRIAL JUDGE THREATENS TO THROW EX-PRESIDENT OUT OF COURTROOM

Geee

Just the News

The judge presiding over Donald Trump's civil fraud trial in New York City on Monday admonished the former president's attorney over her client's testimony, saying 'control him."

Judge Arthur Engoron, was, according to courtroom reports, frustrated with Trump failing to answer questions in a yes-no-format, in the trial in which the Trump organization and its principals are accused of inflating assets to gain favorable interest rates. 

"I beseech you to control him if you can," Engoron told Trump attorney Alina Habba. "If you can’t, I will. I will excuse him and draw every negative inference that I can."

Engoron also said: "We are not here to hear what he has to say. We are here to listen to him answer questions."

Habba responded: "Yes, you are here to listen to what he has to say."

The judge yelled at Habba: "Sit down!"

The court adjourned for a break shortly thereafter. 

Trump, who is seeking 2024 reelection, outside of the courtroom Monday essential preview the strategy behind his testimony on the stand. 

"It's a very unfair situation," said Trump, who's has a large lead in the GOP presidential primary. "This is really election interference that's going on," Trump said. "It's a very sad situation for our country. We shouldn't have this.":snip:

Drama erupts in courtroom as judge instructs Trump's lawyers to 'control' their client

Engoron, though, said Wallace was being "patient" but wanted the questioning to move along faster.

"Please just answer the questions — no speeches," Engoron said.

Trump’s defense attorney Chris Kise interjected, saying the questions are open-ended and required lengthy answers.

Wallace went on to show Trump his 2014 statement of financial condition. Wallace read a portion that said Trump was responsible for preparing that statement.

"What they wanted was as much information as we could give them so that they could do their statements," Trump said, adding that he was responsible for giving preparers the necessary information.

When asked what he was personally responsible for, Trump said, "It was so long ago, but well beyond the statute of limitations for anyone else, but not me because I’m sure the judge will rule against me." 

Engoron fired back at Kise, asking if Trump’s comment was a "necessary part of the narrative?" :snip:

@Geee

Gosh its a good thing he s Unbiased.

While have not been following this trial all that closely  (there's so many). But it strikes me this has Overturned On Appeal written All Over It.

That said it is NEVER a good idea to ague with a judge in open court. 

• Like 1