Don’t Become North Vietnam

Draggingtree

Don’t Become North Vietnam 

By Alphonse-Louis Vinh September 14, 2023

Dear Pentagon EIS Committee,

The removal of the Arlington Confederate Monument, a genuinely considered artistic masterpiece, created by Sir Moses Ezekiel, would not be an “environmental” improvement. It is a great historic monument which was dedicated to reconciliation between the North and the South following four bitter war years where nearly 800,000 Americans died, on both sides. There has never been any conflict in American history before, or afterwards, that has ensued so much blood. And all these Americans who fought and died for their cause, should be honoured.

I’m a proud American. My parents were Vietnamese immigrants. Papa was one of the military attachés at the South Vietnamese Embassy in 1956, in the year I was born. I came to Washington as a five-month old infant. Hence, it’s always been for me my hometown, and Virginia, my home state, though now I live across the Potomac in Maryland, which is now home.

Still, the entire Chesapeake Bay region is home on either side of the Potomac. I go back and forth between Washington, Virginia, and Maryland. This is my place on earth.

Moreover, my father became Chief-of-Staff of the South Vietnamese Air Force :snip:https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/dont-become-north-vietnam/

• Like 1

@Draggingtree

"So far, what I am trying to say is that the creator of the Confederate Memorial in Arlington was a great sculptor, renowned in his time, and produced works of art for both Jews and Gentiles that can be found throughout America and Europe. None of this art has anything to do with what I call the wicked heresy of our era, “Presentism”, in which the American past is distorted and misrepresented to suit the most powerful and prejudiced narratives created by progressives, either intentionally or in ignorance, as they shape our “present” time–that anything to do with the traditional South and Confederate memorials and heritage are evil."

DO NOT get me started on  this! :explode:

Today at the Military Academy's  They study (say) Genghis Khan, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Hans Guderian. Not exactly what you could call "Good Guys".  But they wee Very Successful at what they did.  t should be noted what they built and did  Failed. This is a Good Thing!

On 9/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, Valin said:

@Draggingtree

"So far, what I am trying to say is that the creator of the Confederate Memorial in Arlington was a great sculptor, renowned in his time, and produced works of art for both Jews and Gentiles that can be found throughout America and Europe. None of this art has anything to do with what I call the wicked heresy of our era, “Presentism”, in which the American past is distorted and misrepresented to suit the most powerful and prejudiced narratives created by progressives, either intentionally or in ignorance, as they shape our “present” time–that anything to do with the traditional South and Confederate memorials and heritage are evil."

DO NOT get me started on  this!

Today at the Military Academy's  They study (say) Genghis Khan, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Hans Guderian. Not exactly what you could call "Good Guys".  But they wee Very Successful at what they did.  t should be noted what they built and did  Failed. This is a Good Thing!

Words can't express nor will I to say what needs to be told to you, "SIR" on this matter.