A Volcanic Eruption is Imminent in Iceland; Alert Level Raised to Orange

Valin

Jul 5, 2023

A volcanic eruption appears imminent in Iceland approximately 25 kilometers southwest of the city of Reykjavik. This new eruption is likely to occur at the Fagradalsfjall volcano, potentially sending lava flows in one of two eruptions. While I suggest that an eruption could occur at early as 8 am local time in Iceland on July 6th, it could take days or weeks before magma breaches the surface. This video discusses what might happen next, and how soon the eruption will be, assuming it does occur.

Note: There is still a chance that Fagradalsfjall does not erupt. In my opinion, I believe the odds of an eruption occurring in the next 2 weeks (by July 20th 2023) is 68%.

• Shocked 1

New volcanic eruption in Iceland coming anytime soon. Swarm of countless earthquakes is rocking Fragradalsfjall mountains for two days now. Magma is breaking up and is likely to hit the surface anytime soon. Most of earthquakes are centered a few km south of Keilir Mountain at Litli Hrutur (Little Ram Mt). In this video I am explaining where we are most likely to see it and how to get to that area. Eruption video is from the last year, during its first day.

• Shocked 1

Jul 7, 2023

A volcanic eruption still appears imminent in Iceland, and magma at this volcano is currently shallower than 3,000 feet or approximately 1,000 meters below the surface. The volcano in question is known as Fagradalsfjall, which spectacularly erupted in both 2021 and 2022. While the ongoing magmatic intrusion could stall and not produce an eruption, at this point in my opinion it appears that a volcanic eruption is almost a certainty. Additionally, the alert level at Iceland's Eldey volcano was also just raised from green to yellow.

The new location of 2023 Volcanic Eruption in Iceland is northwest of Litli Hrutur Mountain, some 2 km north from the northernmost extent of old lava field in Meradalir. Best hiking train is the old train to the old vocano in Meradalir as last year, and then further north. I am on my way to the new eruption site. Videos coming soon.

Jul 13, 2023  #Iceland2023 #Fagradalsfjall #Wildfires
Volcanic eruption at Litli Hrútur, Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland. July 12, 2023. Volcano trigerred intense wildfires which are sprrading rapidly over the vast terrain. Here is the video and latest article on the subject: "Half of the Reykjanes peninsula can go under fire! Fire trucks can now be seen at the craters trying to contain wildfires burning from glowing lava. The fire chief says that if nothing is done, there is a risk that they will reach a massive spread in the area. Public access to the volcano was closed today.

(Snip)

Jul 19, 2023

This morning, a fairly large section of Iceland's erupting volcanic cone collapsed, causing molten rock to temporarily divert to the northwest. Meanwhile, the eruption site and the hike to this site was reopened to tourists. While much of the 38 meter or over 100 foot high spatter cone remains, lava now has the potential to flow towards the northwest instead of the southwest. This video will discuss the recent eruptive activity at Fagradalsfjall and discuss the reasoning behind a past closure of the eruption viewing site.

For clarification, I mean that the hike to the viewing area of the 2023 eruption site had temporarily reopened. It is still not safe to visit the edge of or adjacent to the lava flows which are outlined in this video at within the white region shown at 2m37s into this video.