Is This Why a Former Rolling Stone Editor (Matt Tiabbi) Is Being Targeted By the IRS?

Geee

TownHall

Former Rolling Stone contributing editor and reporter Matt Taibbi has been branded a persona non grata by his colleagues. As we’ve noted many times here, Taibbi isn’t a conservative, not even close. He’s very much a proud liberal but eschews political correctness and the woke ideology that he rightfully sees chills discussion. He’s also an original Trump-Russia collusion skeptic, which was finally exposed as a hoax by the newly-released Durham Report. Taibbi’s review of Twitter's internal documents after Elon Musk's purchase exposed a sordid web of manipulation and censorship, which brought the media giant and the FBI into an unholy alliance that sought to influence public opinion. The lengthy stories on this investigation drove progressives insane and led to the former magazine reporter being smeared as a right-wing conspiracy theorist. :snip:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Geee said:
TownHall

The lengthy stories on this investigation drove progressives insane and led to the former magazine reporter being smeared as a right-wing conspiracy theorist.

A quick Google search of Taibbi’s work would show the opposite, but in today’s Democratic Party, disagreeing on one issue lands you in the gulag.

Couple of points

1. (From  The Porch)

"(Snip)The tribes are sorting themselves out. The Tribes are not Left/Right, Rich/Poor/Republican/Democrat, Minority/Majority, Religious/Non-Religous. Not sure how to describe Our Side from Their Side, but of this I am sure there are US & THEM. I am fairly sure who is an US and who is a THEM. The way I have been looking at politics/culture may not be valid anymore, or are becoming Less Valid.

One mans thoughts, freely give and worth Almost that much."

A mere 10 years ago would  have given money to Matt? I..Don't Think So! Today do. I sometimes (often) disagree with him BUT he has All The Right enemies.

2 Is This Why a Former Rolling Stone Editor (Matt Tiabbi) Is Being Targeted By the IRS?

Why?

Ever Notice Matt is Never On Corporate Media?

Well that  is Not actually  true. There was 1 case

A Reply

IRS opened Matt Taibbi tax probe on Christmas Eve following ‘Twitter Files’ document dump

WASHINGTON — The IRS opened an examination of journalist Matt Taibbi’s 2018 tax return on Christmas Eve of last year — three weeks after he exposed sensitive documents about government officials pressuring Twitter to censor content.

The House Judiciary Committee said Wednesday it obtained that detail and other information about the case from the IRS following the outcry over a tax agent visiting Taibbi’s home on March 9, 2022 — the same day he testified to Congress about the “Twitter Files.”

Documents provided to the committee “raise more questions than they answer,” Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) wrote to IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel in a letter requesting that he make further disclosures.

The IRS told the committee it was trying to ensure the reporter wasn’t the victim of identity fraud, Jordan wrote.

The agency said a letter was sent to Taibbi in 2019 which explained the discrepancy.:snip: