Biden Claims Credit for 'Quad' Alliance Trump Reinstated in 2017

Geee

TownHall

President Joe Biden may have been thousands miles away from the United States over the weekend, but that didn't stop him from engaging in his usual embellishment of reality (read: lies) about his supposedly masterful leadership and adults-in-charge diplomacy. 

During remarks on the sidelines of this week's G7 summit in Tokyo, Biden sought to take credit for an alliance called the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue — the "Quad" for short — but, much like Corn Pop and Biden's other colorful stories, he can't take credit. 

Here's what Biden said about the Quad:

"What's going on now is, look at the meeting we had here today and yesterday of the Quad. I bet you, I would- maybe some of you thought it, but I doubt many people in this audience or any other audience would have said that two years after being elected I'd be able to convince India, Australia, Japan, and the United States to form an organization called the Quad to maintain stability in the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea."

But, as usual, Biden is wrong. He did not convince any of those countries to "form" the alliance. The Quad was first created after the late Shinzo Abe, then-Prime Minister of Japan, initiated an alliance with the prime ministers of India and Australia along with then-Vice President Dick Cheney in 2007. In 2008, Australia withdrew from the Quad, putting the group out of commission until 2017. :snip:

Joe Biden Once Again Falsely Claims Son Beau Died in Iraq War

According to the NY Post, President Joe Biden once again falsely described the circumstances behind his son Beau’s death, claiming that his firstborn died during the Iraq war when in fact the 46-year-old succumbed to brain cancer in 2015 at the Walter Reed military hospital in Bethesda, Maryland.:snip: