Tim Keller, Longtime Christian Pastor And Author, Succumbs To Cancer

Valin

The Daily Wire

Ben Zeisloft
May 19, 2023

Tim Keller, a prominent Christian author and the longtime pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, passed away on Friday morning at the age of 72 after a battle with cancer.

Keller, who retired from full-time ministry in 2017 and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2020, served for decades as senior minister of Redeemer Church, which he founded in 1989. He was the husband to his wife, Kathy, a father to three children, and a grandfather.

Redeemer Church announced on Friday morning that Keller passed away in his home “trusting in the sure and certain hope of the resurrection.” The statement noted his humility in interactions with both congregants and global ministry leaders, as well as his delight in “communicating the profound wonder and transforming power of the gospel of grace.”

(Snip)

He was my hero because when I read or listened to him, I loved Jesus more. When Tim and I catch up someday in the new heavens and the new earth, I can’t wait to hear all he’s learned. But for now, Tim’s death leaves a void I can never fill,” Collin Hansen, editor-in-chief of The Gospel Coalition, an online publication and content ministry which Keller co-founded, said in another tribute. “For many in my generation, even if they only grew up listening to his sermons or reading his books, Tim Keller became a spiritual father.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Aug 30, 2011

Best-selling author and pastor, Tim Keller, fields many tough questions from two heavy-hitting interlocutors, NBC journalist Martin Bashir and Columbia University's David Eisenbach. | Columbia University, 2008 |

Mar 7, 2011

A section from the end of Dr. Tim Keller's lecture he gave at Belhaven University on 02/24/11.

Also

Harry Reeder, Veteran Presbyterian Minister, Killed In Car Wreck
Ben Zeisloft
May 19, 2023

Harry Reeder, a veteran pastor at Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Birmingham, Alabama, was unexpectedly killed in a car accident on Thursday morning at 75 years old.

Reeder served as a pastor at Christ Covenant Church from 1983 to 1999, after which he accepted a call to become senior minister at Briarwood Presbyterian Church, the influential congregation from which the Presbyterian Church in America launched in 1973.

The minister was pronounced dead on the scene after his vehicle collided with a dump truck that had stopped to make a turn. He is survived by his wife, Cindy, as well as three children and several grandchildren.

“Our Lord has called Pastor Reeder home through a car accident,” Bruce Stallings, executive pastor at Briarwood Presbyterian Church, said in a statement posted on social media. “But we do not grieve without hope because we know our pastor is with his Savior and has been received by grace with ‘Well done My good and faithful servant.’”

(Snip)