NBCU ad chief Linda Yaccarino in talks to lead Twitter

Geee

Axios

Linda Yaccarino, NBCUniversal's veteran advertising sales leader, is in talks to become Twitter's CEO, a source familiar with the conversations tells Axios.

Why it matters: Yaccarino is considered one of the most formidable advertising sales leaders in the industry, and she would bring a level of professionalism and experience to Twitter's ad sales efforts that the company has lost since Musk took ownership.:snip:

48 minutes ago, Valin said:

Can you blame them?

I did a thread on Wide Awakes about NBCU and how many many pies they had their thumbs in. That was long long ago - I can just imagine what it is like now. Difference is that back then it was much easier to trace, not so much now.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Can you blame them?

I am going to take a wait and see attitude - we don't know what her position will entail yet.

25 minutes ago, Geee said:

I am going to take a wait and see attitude - we don't know what her position will entail yet.

Good Idea. I can only imagine what is going on at TOS.

Elon Musk reaffirms commitment to free speech amid concerns over new Twitter CEO

Twitter boss Elon Musk has been a vocal advocate of free speech and open dialogue, so much so that he bought the big tech platform for $44 billion for the sole purpose to restore free speech on the internet. However, concerns have been raised by the public about his new appointment for CEO of Twitter, Linda Yaccarino, and her commitment to these principles.

Despite these concerns, Musk has reaffirmed his commitment to free speech in a recent tweet in response to activist Billboard Chris.

"No doubt she’ll bring in advertising revenue in the short term, but she’s a long-term mistake" Billboard Chris said.

"I hear your concerns, but don’t judge too early. I am adamant about defending free speech, even if it means losing money" Musk said in response.

Yaccarino's appointment as the new CEO of Twitter has led some to express concerns about her commitment to free speech principles that Musk holds dear.:snip:

36 minutes ago, Geee said:

Elon Musk reaffirms commitment to free speech amid concerns over new Twitter CEO

Despite these concerns, Musk has reaffirmed his commitment to free speech in a recent tweet in response to activist Billboard Chris.

"No doubt she’ll bring in advertising revenue in the short term, but she’s a long-term mistake" Billboard Chris said.

OMG 😮 *Billboard Chris weighs in, and doesn't like this.

* Someone I had known existed until 5 minutes ago.

3 hours ago, Valin said:

OMG 😮 *Billboard Chris weighs in, and doesn't like this.

I think he was just selected as someone to respond to for addressing the many tweets that had similar concerns. 

James Woods

@RealJamesWoods

All lot of us have concerns that censorship will creep back into Twitter. The Dorsey Dark Days were a nightmare for lovers of free speech. If

@elonmusk

says he’s adamant about defending that cherished right, I’ll take him at his word. He has certainly been our champion thus far.

Quote Tweet

1 hour ago, Geee said:

James Woods

@RealJamesWoods

All lot of us have concerns that censorship will creep back into Twitter. The Dorsey Dark Days were a nightmare for lovers of free speech. If

@elonmusk

says he’s adamant about defending that cherished right, I’ll take him at his word. He has certainly been our champion thus far.

Quote Tweet

:thumbup:

Linda Yaccarino thanks Musk for opportunity, shares excitement to ‘build Twitter 2.0’

Incoming Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino thanked Elon Musk on Saturday for her new role at the social media company and shared her excitement to “build Twitter 2.0.”

“Thank you @elonmusk! I’ve long been inspired by your vision to create a brighter future,” Yaccarino tweeted. “I’m excited to help bring this vision to Twitter and transform this business together!”

“I see I have some new followers,” she added in her thread. “I’m not as prolific as @elonmusk (yet!), but I’m just as committed to the future of this platform.”

“Your feedback is VITAL to that future. I’m here for all of it,” Yaccarino continued. “Let’s keep the conversation going and build Twitter 2.0 together!”

Musk announced on Friday that Yaccarino would take over as CEO, while he would transition into a new role as executive chair and chief technology officer. The billionaire had previously promised in December that he would step down as CEO “as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job.” :snip: