AI will be the political left's 'single greatest weapon' against religious faith and truth, says expert

Geee

Fox News

As national conversations artifical intelligence (AI) intensify, faith leaders and scholars are examining the potential ramifications these emerging technologies will have on worship, both its practice and its role in modern life.

Some experts and faith leaders are also concerned about whether religion will have any place in AI programming — or if the intellectual will eventually take precedence over the spiritual in society.

It’s possible and even probable, say experts.

Dan Schneider, Media Research Center and Free Speech America vice president, is both blunt and emphatic in his assessment of AI.

"The [political] left controls AI, and the left is going to what the left wants to do," Schneider, whose headquarters are in Reston, Virginia, told Fox News Digital in a recent phone interview.

"The left despises the whole idea of a higher being that sets standards of right and wrong," he also said, adding that "the left sees religion as the engine that has destroyed different societies and peoples throughout history.":snip:

53 minutes ago, Geee said:
Fox News

As national conversations artifical intelligence (AI) intensify, faith leaders and scholars are examining the potential ramifications these emerging technologies will have on worship, both its practice and its role in modern life.

Some experts and faith leaders are also concerned about whether religion will have any place in AI programming — or if the intellectual will eventually take precedence over the spiritual in society.

It’s possible and even probable, say experts.

:lmfao: Stop it!

1mxp7z.jpg

Pastor Jesse Bradley of Auburn, Washington, said that the "reality" is that AI usage is increasing in our culture and it is "very powerful."

AI "is a tool that can be used for positively, for information and insights."

He continued, "At the same time, it has the potential for privacy violations and manipulation."

My goodness, this sounds a lot like Every Other invention since  the invention of inventions.

@Geee

Thanks I really needed a good laugh to start the day off. :thumbup:

54 minutes ago, Valin said:

My goodness, this sounds a lot like Every Other invention since  the invention of inventions.

I'm taking a 'quietly observing closely attitude on this. Since a lot of people who are geniuses on this subject are very very leary of what is happening thus far and I am not - I am bit worried about it. I am reminding myself also of the many things that were crazy worries that are now true. I have seen some of the results of questions asked of the Bot apps and they are very troubling. It is very similar as to what is happening in the so called institutions of learning. Depending on who is feeding the info in and whose 'truth' states the so called facts. I believe I remember that ChatBot is a Microsoft (Uh, Bill Gates) App. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Geee said:

I'm taking a 'quietly observing closely attitude on this. Since a lot of people who are geniuses on this subject are very very leary of what is happening thus far and I am not - I am bit worried about it. I am reminding myself also of the many things that were crazy worries that are now true. I have seen some of the results of questions asked of the Bot apps and they are very troubling. It is very similar as to what is happening in the so called institutions of learning. Depending on who is feeding the info in and whose 'truth' states the so called facts. I believe I remember that ChatBot is a Microsoft (Uh, Bill Gates) App. 

As  I have pointed out before. Every couple of hundred years some new technology comes  along and Everything is thrown into Chaos. We are in the middle  of one NOW. That little silicon chip is changing Everything and in ways that even 10 years ago we couldn't imagine.

AI is neither Good no Evil. It simply IS, and its Not Going Away. Some very bright person will come up with a way to distinguish between ChatBot and what a Real Person wrote, and very shortly I believe.

As for AI replacing God/Religion 4 words GIVE..ME..A..BREAK

The Generative AI Threat to Freedom, and How You Can Help to Stop It

• 1. A third kind of digital freedom: free “as in the user.”
  • 2. Hallucinating chatbots are like unscrupulous journalists.
  • 3. Will encyclopedias be replaced by AI answerbots and articles written by AI?
  • 4. An AI-written encyclopedia is on the horizon.
  • 5. Some ways to organize the opposition.
  • 6. Concluding thoughts.
  • :snip::snip:

Snapchat’s ‘My AI’ Is A Dumpster Fire

In April, Snapchat’s “My AI” chatbot became available to all Snapchat users, and since then, the app has been rife with privacy breaches and raging partisanship. 

What’s important to understand about Snapchat is that it’s an app dominated by Gen Z. Snapchat knows this, which is why, although My AI is powered by ChatGPT, it is uniquely designed to communicate with users as if it were a friend, rather than a robot. :snip:

AI tech 'more dangerous than an AR-15,' can be twisted for 'malevolent power,' expert warns

The accessibility of artificial intelligence (AI) will change the international landscape to empower "bad actor" strongman regimes and lead to unprecedented social disruptions, a risk analysis expert told Fox News Digital.

"We know that when you have a bad actor, and all they have is a single-shot rifle as opposed to an AR-15, they can't kill as many people, and the AR-15 is nothing compared to what we are going to see from artificial intelligence, from the disruptive uses of these tools," said Ian Bremmer, founder and president of political risk research firm Eurasia Group. 

In referencing improved capabilities for autonomous drones and the ability to develop new viruses, among others, Bremmer said that "we've never seen this level of malevolent power that will be in the hands of bad actors." He said AI technology that is "vastly more dangerous than an AR-15" will be in the hands of "millions and millions of people."

"Most of those people are responsible," Bremmer said. "Most of those people will not try to disrupt, to destroy, but a lot of them will."

BIDEN'S TEAM IS GIVING AWAY OUR GLOBAL AI LEADERSHIP IN WAR TO ADVANCE PROGRESSIVE AGENDA

:snip:

5 hours ago, Geee said:

AI tech 'more dangerous than an AR-15,' can be twisted for 'malevolent power,' expert warns

The accessibility of artificial intelligence (AI) will change the international landscape to empower "bad actor" strongman regimes and lead to unprecedented social disruptions, a risk analysis expert told Fox News Digital.

1. AI is NOT Dangerous. It simply IS

2. it is NOT going away..Deal with it.

3. (as I  said before) Someone/Some Group will come up with a way to tell if something is AI or Real. Then They Get R..I..C..H Which is why as we speak people are workng on this.

Developer creates pro-First Amendment AI to counter ChatGPT's 'political motivations'

LOS ANGELES – An AI researcher developed a free speech alternative to ChatGPT and argued that the mainstream model has a liberal bias that prevents it from answering certain questions.

"ChatGPT has political motivations, and it's seen through the product," said Arvin Bhangu, who founded the AI model Superintelligence. "There's a lot of political biases. We've seen where you can ask it give me 10 things Joe Biden has done well and give me 10 things Donald Trump has done well and it refuses to give quality answers for Donald Trump."

"Superintelligence is much more in line with the freedom to ask any type of question, so it's much more in line with the First Amendment than ChatGPT," Bhangu said. "No biases, no guardrails, no censorship." :snip:

Hinton issues another AI warning: World needs to find a way to control artificial intelligence

Geoffrey Hinton, known as the 'godfather of AI,' predicted it would only be 5-20 years for AI to surpass human intelligence

Geoffrey Hinton, who recently resigned from his position as Google's vice president of engineering to sound the alarm about the dangers of artificial intelligence, cautioned in an interview published Friday that the world needs to find a way to control the tech as it develops.

The "godfather of AI" told EL PAÍS via videoconference that he believed a letter calling for a sixth-month-long moratorium on training AI systems more powerful than OpenAI's GPT-4 is "completely naive" and that the best he can recommend is that many very intelligence minds work to figure out "how to contain the dangers of these things." 

"AI is a fantastic technology – it’s causing great advances in medicine, in the development of new materials, in forecasting earthquakes or floods… [but we] need a lot of work to understand how to contain AI," Hinton urged. "There’s no use waiting for the AI to outsmart us; we must control it as it develops. We also have to understand how to contain it, how to avoid its negative consequences."

For instance, Hinton believes all governments insist that fake images be flagged.:snip:

4 minutes ago, Geee said:

Hinton issues another AI warning: World needs to find a way to control artificial intelligence

Geoffrey Hinton, known as the 'godfather of AI,' predicted it would only be 5-20 years for AI to surpass human intelligence

Geoffrey Hinton, who recently resigned from his position as Google's vice president of engineering to sound the alarm about the dangers of artificial intelligence, cautioned in an interview published Friday that the world needs to find a way to control the tech as it develops.

To paraphrase Dr. John Lennox "AI goes a..b.c..d.....z,. Humans go a..l..c..m....z

ChatGPT CEO heads to Congress as lawmakers face AI explosion

The CEO of the company behind ChatGPT will head to Congress next week as lawmakers’ race to regulate artificial intelligence (AI) and more companies steam ahead with the technology. 

OpenAI CEO Sam Altman will make his public debut in Congress at a Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing about oversight of AI as lawmakers seek to better understand the range of risks posed by generative AI and possible ways to mitigate them.

“AI is one of the most important issues of our times, with enormous potential both positive and negative, and it is crucial that we get it right,” Gary Marcus, professor emeritus at New York University, said in an email. 

Marcus will also testify on the panel with Altman and Christina Montgomery, vice president and chief privacy and trust officer at IBM. 

Marcus said he will discuss the urgency of the situation and “the tremendous need for having independent scientists at the table” in order to “distinguish between hype and reality and to identify and mitigate a broad arrays of newly-developing risks.” :snip:

Microsoft Says New A.I. Shows Signs of Human Reasoning

When computer scientists at Microsoft started to experiment with a new artificial intelligence system last year, they asked it to solve a puzzle that should have required an intuitive understanding of the physical world.

“Here we have a book, nine eggs, a laptop, a bottle and a nail,” they asked. “Please tell me how to stack them onto each other in a stable manner.”

The researchers were startled by the ingenuity of the A.I. system’s answer. Put the eggs on the book, it said. Arrange the eggs in three rows with space between them. Make sure you don’t crack them.

“Place the laptop on top of the eggs, with the screen facing down and the keyboard facing up,” it wrote. “The laptop will fit snugly within the boundaries of the book and the eggs, and its flat and rigid surface will provide a stable platform for the next layer.”:snip:

Bots Now Account For Half Of Internet Traffic

• Nearly half of all activity online is the work of automated ‘bots’ rather than humans, a new study has claimed.
  • Apparently the proportion of human activity online is at its lowest level in eight years, with AI-powered bots rapidly ‘taking over the Internet’ with spam and cybercrime.
  • The cybersecurity wizards at Imperva claim that 2022 saw a huge increase in this kind of activity online, with 47.4% of all internet traffic coming from bots rather than humans.:snip:

Scientists Are Developing “Mind Reading” AI

According to Scientific American, scientists have successfully trained artificial intelligence to read MRI brain scans and interpret what you’re thinking. Two Japanese scientists, Yu Takagi and Shinji Nishimoto used generative AI to “translate” participants’ brain scans into pictures. Life becomes more like science fiction every day because “mind-reading” AI is now a thing. 

To be clear, Takagi and Nishimoto have not developed some sort of robot that can instantly know your every thought. The researchers used a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine to scan test subjects’ brains while presenting them with images. 

They then used Stable Diffusion AI to detect patterns in the scans and recreate the images presented to the participants. And, though the recreations weren’t perfect, the artificial intelligence consistently interpreted the brain scans into recognizable images. 

Additionally, scientists had to train each artificial intelligence model on participants’ brain scans individually. After which, the AI can only “read” that one person’s mind. And it’s unclear if Takagi and Nishimoto’s method can recreate images that subjects simply imagined rather than physically see. :snip: