Tucker Floats an Idea That Could Shake Up the GOP Primary Debates

Geee

PJ Media

We still don’t know for sure if Ron DeSantis is going to run. The rest of the field after Donald Trump is a bunch of weak controlled opposition Republicans including Mike Pence, Nikki Haley, John Bolton, and the immortal Asa Hutchinson. In light of all this, the Republican primary debates could end up being a major snoozefest. Tucker Carlson, however, has a tantalizingly different idea: he is considering hosting his own debate, outside of the Republic National Committee framework. Now that could liven things up considerably.

The snag that Carlson is still an employee of Fox News remains, but the Washington Post reported Thursday that if he is “willing to walk away from some of the millions that Fox is contractually obligated to pay him, if that would give him the flexibility to have a prominent voice in the 2024 election cycle.” Bernie Sanders would tell Tucker that he has plenty of money already, so why not? If he does go this route, Carlson could “moderate his own GOP candidate forum, outside of the usual strictures of the Republican National Committee debate system.”

That would be a breath of fresh air, as anyone who remembers the viciously biased performance of Chris Wallace in the first 2020 debate between Trump and Old Joe Biden can attest. Wallace did everything he could to sandbag Trump and let Old Joe get away with a cornucopia of lies, false denials, and false accusations. It was clear that Wallace was angling for the job he soon got at CNN, where he was a spectacular failure, and that he was eager in his debate “moderation” to make the doddering kleptocrat Biden look as good as possible, and the America-First president as bad as possible.:snip:

@Geee

1. I Like the idea of Tucker holding his own debate. That would be interesting. And a Tuckerlike thing to do.

2. As  far  as I know Mike Pence, Nikki Haley, John Bolton, Asa Hutchinson Only Nikki and Asa are actually Running  (BTW Sen Tim Scott has  go to be asking What About Me?) Nikki is running for VP (Sorry Nikki I love ya but President Haley, Ain't Gonna Happen. VP Haley....?) Asa is running because hes got nothing better to do, and he misses the limelight.

3. I don't understand the hatred for Mike Pence with some people. John Bolton was once the  fair haired (mustache), boy, until he expressed differences with Donald Trump and got fired...Hey who Doesn't have issues with something Trump has done?