Christianity Today Editor Russell Moore: ‘We Have No King But Caesar!’

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
Chronicles Magazine

A VIEW Christianity Today Editor Russell Moore: ‘We Have No King But Caesar!’

APRIL 3, 2023BY JOHN ZMIRAKOF THE LAKE

Tracing the Footprints of GodFor a long time, I thought that Russell Moore wasn’t good for much. A longtime staffer for a Democrat congressman, he somehow managed to hoodwink the Southern Baptist Convention into making him its point man for defending “religious liberty” against … Democrat administrations. Moore’s groups have taken money from George Soros fronts to advance open borders—which flips red states blue and makes candidates who actually favor religious liberty increasingly unelectable. Moore finally lost his Baptist sponsors, belatedly, after years of pious whining about what a threat Donald Trump and his supporters posed to the witness of Christianity, or something like that.

Now Moore is editor of Churchianity Yesterday [fact-checker, please see if I got that right!], which for years has served as the fainting couch for upwardly mobile evangelicals and the house organ of the sorority Beta Dogma Stigma. If you want to read essays on “winsomeness” scrawled by David French in tiny lavender cursive on fragile onion skin paper, this is the magazine for you. Likewise if you’re too pure and otherworldly to prefer a vulgar populist patriot to trans-addled globalists linked by longtime corruption to Chinese spies and Slavic oligarchs.  :snip: 

15 minutes ago, Draggingtree said:
Chronicles Magazine

A VIEW Christianity Today Editor Russell Moore: ‘We Have No King But Caesar!’

APRIL 3, 2023BY JOHN ZMIRAKOF THE LAKE

Tracing the Footprints of

Now Moore is editor of Churchianity Yesterday [fact-checker, please see if I got that right!], which for years has served as the fainting couch for upwardly mobile evangelicals and the house organ of the sorority Beta Dogma Stigma. If you want to read essays on “winsomeness” scrawled by David French in tiny lavender cursive on fragile onion skin paper, this is the magazine for you. Likewise if you’re too pure and otherworldly to prefer a vulgar populist patriot to trans-addled globalists linked by longtime corruption to Chinese spies and Slavic oligarchs.  :snip: 

@Draggingtree

Would be correct in saying Russell Moore & John Zmirak are not best Buddy's an friends for life? I get that subtle impression.

This episode of the OnlySubs Podcast with James Lindsay is available for FREE! To get access to all past and future episodes, consider becoming a contributor. Learn more: https://newdiscourses.com/2020/12/ann...

In April of 2019, the famously conservative Southern Baptist Convention adopted an infamous resolution, Resolution 9, bringing into the Convention both Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality "as an analytical tool subordinate to Scripture." This is, at best, a fundamental misunderstanding of Woke Marxism (thus CRT/I), which are explicitly designed to identify anything they are put in subordination to, subvert that thing, and then occupy a position of dominance over it (which they deny they are doing). In this must-listen episode of my subscribers-only podcast, James Lindsay OnlySubs, I go into this facet of Theory and raise important questions about why anyone would think this was a good idea. Join me to hear all about the threat from within to a conservative religious icon. -James Lindsay