More people are getting away with murder. Unsolved killings reach a record high

Geee

NPR

More murders across America are going unsolved, exacerbating the grief of families already reeling and worsening the largely cracked trust between police and the public, especially communities of color most affected by gun violence.

"I haven't had any word," says Mark Legaspi about the murder of his cousin, friend and business partner Artgel Anabo Jr., 39, who was known as Jun. He was shot just outside their popular Filipino fast-food restaurant Lucky Three Seven in East Oakland, Calif., May 18, 2022. "It's still emotional every day coming in here, you know?" Legaspi says nodding toward the street where Jun was murdered.

Oakland detectives released security camera footage and the license plate number of the suspected get-away car. Anabo's family believes the suspect is a man who sold Anabo a truck that turned out to be stolen. Still, there's been no break in the case and no word.

"It's definitely frustrating. Justice hasn't been served," Legaspi says. "I mean it's almost a year. I would like to know something. I don't get no answers," he says noting that he and his family haven't heard from Oakland homicide detectives for months. "You know, if there's anything, you know, even if they didn't do anything, that'd be nice to know. Instead of us hoping.":snip:

@Geee

Lindsey says the veterans among her 16 detectives are often handing two dozen or more cases at a time, far above the federal recommendation that detectives carry an average of only four to six new homicide cases per year.

Here we see a difference between TV and Real Life. II would also point out this is true for DA's, (even when they are not Soros lackeys), Parole Officers.

Something I've noticed is an increase in Mass Murders. Always had them (in my lifetime), they have been increasing in numbers over the years. It seems to me in the last 3-4(?) years there has been an Explosion in Mass Murders, to the point where they hardly Make The News.

How many mass shootings have there been in 2023?
There have been 131 mass shootings with four or more people wounded or killed so far in 2023 compared to 113 this time last year. The United States has faced at least 163 mass shootings so far this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. There have been more mass shootings than days in 2023.

See Wikipeda