Thoughts from the ammo line (Are Dogs Right..edition)

Valin

Power Line

Scott Johnson

Apr. 28 2023

Ammo Grrrll feels our pain in ABUSED ELECTORATE. She writes:

A friend of mine who had been a battered wife told me a very sad story about how domestic abuse works. She discussed with me an experiment that her therapist had told her about. I have only this conversation from 30 years ago and my memory of it. I don’t know the experiment or whether it was ever replicated, but I think it is interesting on its merits.

She said that experiments have been done on dogs – no word on whether or not Fauci was involved – in which half of the floor of a dog cage is electrified and the dog is mildly but unpleasantly shocked. Not enjoying the experience, the dog will move to the other half of the cage. When that half is electrified, the dog will move back. If the whole floor is electrified, the demoralized dog will just lie down and take it. She made me cry when she said that EVEN IF THE DOOR IS OPENED, the dog will not leave.

(Snip)

So people were stunned when just days before the election, Obama announced aloud to poor Joe the Plumber his intentions to dismantle American exceptionalism brick by brick. “Wait, what? A ‘fundamental’ transformation, you say? You might have mentioned this earlier so we might know exactly what you intended to transform and what you intended to keep!”

For eight years, we saw even the mildest criticism of anything Obama said or did framed as prima facie evidence of RAAACISM. He was virtually “uncriticizable.”....(Snip)

This feeling of hopelessness and despair continued with the results of the 2022 midterms where, in my state, by a miracle of Biblical proportions, the machines that printed the ballots “failed” in overwhelmingly Republican strongholds! Lordy, what WERE the chances?

Every day brings a new travesty, a new slap in the face to decency and Our Precious DemocracyTM. Every day brings a new law for “reproductive health” that involves not a single thing that would promote “reproduction.” If the baby somehow survives gestation, it can now look forward to being groomed by the first week of kindergarten. Every day there is a new criminal unleashed without bail or with minimal jail time to run riot on society at large. It’s very hard – like the discouraged dogs in the experiment – not just to lie down and get used to the shocks. “Hit me with your best shot – fire away.”

AND YET, WE MUST NOT. WE MUST NOT GIVE UP. We must channel Valley Forge and Churchill and fight the evil ones on land and on sea – or at least in the Courts, in the classrooms, on Facebook and Twitter and in our houses of worship, some of which have signed up with the “Go Along To Get Along” School of Theology. (Comedian Eddie Izzard had a hilarious bit about a Church of England clergyman addressing his flock, “Today’s sermon is taken from a magazine I found in a hedge.”) Indeed.

Channel instead Welsh poet Dylan Thomas: “Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage, against the dying of the light.” He was referring to individual death. How much more important, then, is the death of the Republic?