Nikki Haley Sides With Disney Against DeSantis, Urges Move To South Carolina

Valin

Legal Insurrection

Mark Levin: “Nikki Haley just undermined the people of Florida and their governor by selling out to a woke corporation and the culture war. She’s lost me.”
Stacey Matthews

Thursday, April 27, 2023

f there’s one thing most conservatives can agree on regarding what they’d like to see in the 2024 Republican presidential nominee it is someone who will unapologetically fight tooth and nail against wokeness in all its toxic forms and Corporate America’s supporting role in fostering its insidious spread into the classroom, the workplace, the courtroom, the newsroom, the scientific community, the U.S. military, and beyond.

So imagine the surprise of many to see purported anti-woke 2024 GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley, who was the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. under then-President Donald Trump, come out in support of Disney over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis during an appearance on Fox News Tuesday.

During her interview, Haley was asked about the lawsuit Disney filed yesterday against DeSantis, which alleges “a targeted campaign of government retaliation” that Disney says “threatens Disney’s business operations, jeopardizes its economic future in the region, and violates its constitutional rights.”

Haley’s response was to frame the issue from a business perspective, touting what she says was her record as South Carolina’s governor when it came to attracting businesses to the state (transcribed from video😞

“You know, as governor, I took a double-digit unemployment state and I turned it into an economic powerhouse. Businesses were my partners, because if you take care of your businesses, you take care of your economy – your economy takes care of the people and everyone wins. And so that’s the way we dealt with it.

South Carolina was a very anti-woke state and still is. If Disney would like to move their hundreds of thousands of jobs to South Carolina and bring the billions of dollars with them, I’ll let them know I’ll be happy to meet them in South Carolina and introduce them to the governor and the legislature that would welcome it.”

In a tweet on the matter, Haley ripped a page straight out of the Trump campaign playbook when it comes to referring to DeSantis, writing that, “SC’s not woke, but we’re not sanctimonious about it either.”

(Snip)

Looks like Nikki doesn't GET the whole Culture War thing.

It will be interesting IF she walks this back, and  How.