Observations On Tucker

Valin

Power Line

John Hinderaker

April 24, 2023

I am not a great person to write about Tucker Carlson’s contributions to the conservative movement, since I almost never watch television. I have seen clips of Carlson’s Fox News show on the internet, but have only watched it live a time or two. But I did spend some time with Tucker a few years ago, and was deeply impressed.

He was the keynote speaker at American Experiment’s Annual Dinner in 2018. He drew an enthusiastic crowd of 1,200. My wife and I had the assignment of meeting him at the Hilton Hotel, where he stayed, and walking a few blocks to the Minneapolis Convention Center, where our event took place. Tucker traveled by himself, with no aide. We met him at the bottom of the Hilton elevators, and didn’t go 100 feet before fans started walking up to Tucker and asking for selfies with him.

He was endlessly obliging, to the point where I was looking at my watch and trying to hustle him to the Convention Center. We finally arrived there, and I got to the top of some stairs where a VIP photo line was to take place, only to turn around and see that Carlson was AWOL. He had been buttonholed by some fans on the way up, and was happily chatting with them. He was, in short, a genuinely nice guy.

(Snip)

I didn’t always agree with Tucker, but I always respected his views and never doubted that his goal was to benefit the United States of America. That made him a hero to most, but a dangerous threat to the liberals who are trying to highjack America’s history and institutions, and turn them toward their own perverse ends.

I have no idea what is next for Tucker Carlson. He isn’t likely to go away; he is, arguably, bigger than Fox News. I assume we will continue to hear from him. Given that he is by far the most popular figure in cable news, he won’t have any problem finding new outlets for his talents.

(Snip)

• Like 2

Twitter Flooded With Stories About Tucker Carlson’s Kindness In Wake Of Fox News Exit

Amanda Harding
Apr 25, 2023

Fans are still reeling from the shocking announcement that primetime star Tucker Carlson would no longer work for Fox News.

No one is sure what Carlson’s departure means for the future of his career, but it did inspire many fans, including former show guests and media personalities, to share stories about his kindness over the years.

“When I first moved to DC, [Tucker Carlson] heard it was my first Thanksgiving away from home. I had just gone through a divorce and my kids were on the other side of the country. He invited me to his home and I enjoyed Thanksgiving with his father, his wife, his children and his dogs,” radio personality Larry O’Connor wrote

“They treated me like I was a part of the family. It turned what would have been a sad and lonely day into one I’ll never forget. His family is full of joy and love and laughter. Tucker is the winner today.”

(Snip)

(Snip)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, saveliberty said:

Thank you, @Valin! I don’t watch much television, but I appreciate Tucker Carlson. Dad really liked his program.

All I can say is, I  stopped watching TV in 2007. Recall TV went digital, I kept putting off getting the box, until 1 day realized I Didn't Miss It.

The Net, however is a horse of a different color. I'm Hooked. Thee is however one problem. Thee is so much stuff that it s like drinking water out of a fire hose.

• Like 1