PHENOMENOLOGY OF DELUSIONS

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
A Son Of The New American Revolution

PHENOMENOLOGY OF DELUSIONS

15 April 2023 by Claudio Selame, PhD 146 Comments

FacebookTwitterTelegramEmailShare

[NOTE TO READERS. I DID NOT WRITE THIS. The following comes from one of my readers, Dr. Claudio Selame, who holds a Ph.D. in psychology. Dr. Selame and I have exchanged emails about the various mass delusions embraced by seemingly sane people — climate change, Ukraine is winning the war, Russia is on the verge of collapse, and the proliferation of transgenderism as a thing. I asked Dr. Selame to provide an article on this phenomena — delusional thinking. He kindly agreed to do so and wrote the following. I thank him for his contribution.]

Delusion is a persistent false belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary (Merriam-Webster). How can delusions occur in rational beings who have the ability to examine information and arrive to the body of real things, events, and facts?

Delusions differ from propaganda or lying in that propaganda and lying are external manifestations of the desire to deceive, while delusions are beliefs albeit distorted or irrational.

The mother of a 13 year old boy was telling me recently that her son saw feminine sanitary napkins in the boy’s bathroom at school and he was feeling “weird”. The teachers at the middle school didn’t know about it and the parents were not notified about this new “guideline”. This new rule provided transsexual female kids at school the opportunity to go into the boy’s bathroom and have sanitary napkins available.  It was enough for girls to “think” they were males to use the boy’s bathroom.:snip: 

• Like 1

@Draggingtree

Ukraine is winning the war, Russia is on the verge of collapse,

A delusion, or a mistake? It all depends on the sources. BTW Unless Russians start popping out babies. n large numbers soon (100-200 years) there won't be a Russia. At least not as we see it today.

(now back to the article)

Teens walk as if there is a spot light on top of them.  Everyone knows what they are feeling and thinking,  They are naked in front of an audience.

ME, in my teenage years. Desperately trying to figure out WTH is going on ,and Knowing everyone else knows. Throw in Zits  and Girls,Clothes you a e always outgrowing you've got a recipe for confusion (insanity?)

Most people say: “I cannot stop my mind”.  Yes, you can.  It does require training of the mind.

Most people do not have the Discipline (myself included) to do the training.