‘China’s Already at War With Us,’ Peter Schweizer Says

Valin

The Daily Signal

Samantha Aschieris

April 20, 2023

OXON HILL, Md. – “China’s already at war with us,”says Peter Schweizer, Government Accountability Institute president and author of “Red-Handed: How American Elites Get Rich Helping China Win.”

“You asked for a single word answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ if we’re going to be at war with China. My view is that China’s already at war with us,” Schweizer said referring to podcast host Liz Wheeler’s question “in our lifetime, are we going to face war with China?”

(Snip)

“And you can look at fentanyl. I’m doing research in this area right now. Very extensive involvement by the [Chinese Communist Party] in the fentanyl trade, which I’m researching right now. You can look at how they handled COVID,” Schweizer said. “Their efforts to corner the market on masks before they let the world know that it could be transferred from human to human even though they already knew that.”

Schweizer added:

In my mind, and I would defer to Michael Pillsbury on this because he’s the expert, their mindset is they don’t want a kinetic war with the United States. To paraphrase [Winston] Churchill: “they want the fruits of war. They don’t want war,” and I think they’re already engaging in that behavior.

Wheeler moderated the panel that also included Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas; Ambassador Robert Lighthizer, Center for American Trade at America First Policy Institute chairman; and Michael Pillsbury, Heritage Foundation senior fellow in China Policy.

(Snip)