Election Denier Refuses to Give Up House Leadership Position

Geee

election-denier-refuses-to-give-up-house-leadership-position-n1648847
PJ Media

Outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi believes it’s time for a new generation of Democrats to take over leadership in the party, but House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) isn’t about to give up his position.

“I’ve always said there is a healthy respect — it’s biblical with me — we need to have a healthy blend of strength and knowledge,” Clyburn told CBS News Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan. “And look at leadership: the South is left out of it. And what I’m doing is trying to make sure that we do not tilt too far to the east or too far to the west, but maintain what we have here.”

He added, “There’s no other southerner among the leadership, and we need the South.”

Whether that’s the real reason Clyburn won’t give up his position, I can’t say, but Clyburn’s refusal to relinquish his leadership spot gives me the opportunity to point out, as Karl Rove noted in a September op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, that Clyburn is one of the most prominent election deniers in the Democratic Party.:snip: