Trump Engages in Friendly Fire, Goes After Ron DeSantis at Rally

Valin

trump-engages-in-friendly-fire-goes-after-ron-desantis-at-rally-n655191
RedState

Nov. 5 2022

I guess it was just a matter of time, but doing it three days before the mid-terms seems less than ideal.

Donald Trump held a rally in Pennslyvania tonight, but as usual, the candidates running for office were an afterthought. Instead, the former president spent the majority of the time talking about himself. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s a Trump rally after all, and to be sure, they can be very entertaining.

Unfortunately, instead of some of the good things he said making news, there’s currently just one clip going gangbusters on Saturday night. That would be this one where Trump engaged in friendly fire by taking a very public shot at Ron DeSantis.

Personally, I’d like to at least get into mid-2023 before this stuff starts, and I don’t understand the play here aside from Trump being fearful DeSantis is going to grow his following with a blowout re-election. I mean, come on. Quoting a national primary poll? Trump has famously dismissed polls for years, and primaries are not a national vote. Momentum is everything, and the eventual nominee is decided based on targeted performances in specific states. Is Trump the favorite as of now? Sure, but that doesn’t mean much in November of 2022.

(Snip)

Clash of the Titans in Florida as Trump and DeSantis Hold Separate Rallies

On Saturday, Donald Trump was in Pennsylvania on behalf of Republican candidates and, of course, he was dropping hints of his coming announcement that he’s running for president.

“We’re winning big in the Republican Party for the nomination like nobody’s ever seen before,” Trump told a crowd in Latrobe, Penn., on Saturday night. Trump then went down the list of challengers to his primacy.

“There it is, Trump at 71%, Ron DeSanctimonious at 10%,” Trump told the crowd while reading the approval numbers of various Republicans.

“Mike Pence at 7, oh, Mike is doing better than I thought,” Trump continued. “Liz Cheney, there’s no way she’s at 4%. There’s no way. There’s no way. But we’re at 71 to 10 to 7 to 4.”:snip:

Sigh, sigh , sigh.:(

40 minutes ago, Geee said:

1. I wonder IF Donald realized he went a step too far, way too early, and walked it back? Now I am Neutral. Trump, Cruz, DeSantis, Don't Care could vote/support any of them (or pretty much anyone with an R after their name). I do (knowing how Trump campaigns) believe this is a preview of things to come. 

2. From The Comments (An Ever Trumper)

grassrootrevolt America First 9 hours ago edited

But he did not call DeSantis: "a great friend of mine".
That specific remark was targeted only at the pro-War, Neocon, Warmonger-Globalist Mark Rubio.

Mark Rubio is not MAGA, and not "America First".
He is a "Bush-Cheney" type of CFR-MIC-NWO-Cartel-Republican.

:wallbash:

TRUMP WARNS DESANTIS HE’LL LEAK THINGS THAT WON’T BE ‘VERY FLATTERING’

• “I don’t know if he is running. I think if he runs, he could hurt himself very badly. I really believe he could hurt himself badly,” Donald Trump said. “I think he would be making a mistake, I think the base would not like it — I don’t think it would be good for the party.”
  • “Any of that stuff is not good — you have other people that possibly will run, I guess,” he added. “I don’t know if he runs. If he runs, he runs.”
  • Trump did say that if DeSantis does run, “I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering — I know more about him than anybody — other than, perhaps, his wife.”:snip:

Before We Talk About Trump and Tuesday's Elections, We Have to Talk About His Effect on Us

There is a lot of blame to go around for the absolute Republican debacle that happened on Tuesday night.

The polls were wrong, and it wasn’t just Republican pollsters. The quality of the party’s candidates truly sucked. And Trump’s candidates suffered the biggest losses.

Part of the problem is that Trump spent the last several days of the campaign making it all about himself. He attacked Ron DeSantis, he held high-profile rallies. He was rumored to be announcing a presidential run the night before the election, and while he didn’t do that, he did have every major media network in the country watching him at J.D. Vance’s rally.

Vance won. The majority of Trump’s high-profile candidates didn’t.:snip:

51 minutes ago, Geee said:

Before We Talk About Trump and Tuesday's Elections, We Have to Talk About His Effect on Us

There is a lot of blame to go around for the absolute Republican debacle that happened on Tuesday night.

The polls were wrong, and it wasn’t just Republican pollsters. The quality of the party’s candidates truly sucked. And Trump’s candidates suffered the biggest losses.

Part of the problem is that Trump spent the last several days of the campaign making it all about himself. He attacked Ron DeSantis, he held high-profile rallies. He was rumored to be announcing a presidential run the night before the election, and while he didn’t do that, he did have every major media network in the country watching him at J.D. Vance’s rally.

Vance won. The majority of Trump’s high-profile candidates didn’t.:snip:

"Get Better Candidates."

Karl Rove 2010

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

I supported Trump and will vote for him again if he's the nominee, but he sure is trying to wear out his welcome:

1. Pushed for a boycott of the Senate run-off in Georgia after the 2020 election (possibly handing the majority to the Dems).

2. Pushed Oz in PA when there were far better (more capable and conservative) options in the primary.

3. Ditto Mastriano.

4. Attacked DeSantis at a rally that was supposed to be about the mid-terms. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

I supported Trump and will vote for him again if he's the nominee, but he sure is trying to wear out his welcome:

1. Pushed for a boycott of the Senate run-off in Georgia after the 2020 election (possibly handing the majority to the Dems).

2. Pushed Oz in PA when there were far better (more capable and conservative) options in the primary.

3. Ditto Mastriano.

4. Attacked DeSantis at a rally that was supposed to be about the mid-terms. 

Besides pushing weak candidates, I think he made it even worse with his appearances for candidates. I believe it caused some Democrats that were 

cross overs to change their minds because of their hatred of him. Who ever would think that with a President that had the worst approval rating almost ever at the mid-terms that he would be giving a speech bragging about his accomplishments in electing Democrats. I wish they both would just exit the stage and give us a fresh start. As you said, if I don't have a choice I will vote for him again, but I'd rather not.

• Like 1

@Valin

@SDwaters

Democratic meddling in GOP primaries paid off in a big way on Election Day

Democrats' strategy of spending millions to boost pro-Trump candidates in Republican primaries appeared to pay off Tuesday as the party ended the night with a clean sweep of the races in which it chose to meddle.

All six of the Republican candidates who seemingly benefited from the meddling in their primary victories fell to their Democratic opponents. Those races include a number of key House and gubernatorial races, as well as the New Hampshire Senate race.

Democrats spent more than $40 million boosting those six GOP candidates, all of whom expressed support for former President Donald Trump as a leader of the Republican Party or were backed by him.

In New Hampshire, incumbent Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan easily defeated Republican and former Army General Don Bolduc, who was the Democrat-aligned Senate Majority PAC's candidate of choice to face what many viewed as one of the more vulnerable Senate members.:snip:@

Here’s how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms

Hey, Lyin’ Ted and Sleepy Joe: Meet Toxic Trump. You know, if the former president had any self-knowledge or even the slightest ability to be self-deprecating, he might consider giving himself this alliterative nickname.

After three straight national tallies in which either he or his party or both were hammered by the national electorate, it’s time for even his stans to accept the truth: Toxic Trump is the political equivalent of a can of Raid.

What Tuesday night’s results suggest is that Trump is perhaps the most profound vote repellant in modern American history.

The surest way to lose in these midterms was to be a politician endorsed by Trump.

This is not hyperbole.

Except for deep red states where a Republican corpse would have beaten a Democrat, voters choosing in actually competitive races — who everyone expected would behave like midterm voters usually do and lean toward the out party — took one look at Trump’s hand-picked acolytes and gagged.

Liberal fundraisers actually put money behind Trump-endorsed candidates in GOP primaries all over the place to help them prevail so that Democrats could face them in the general election. It was transparently cynical and an abuse of our political process. But it worked like gangbusters.:snip:

33 minutes ago, Geee said:

@Valin

@SDwaters

Democratic meddling in GOP primaries paid off in a big way on Election Day

Democrats' strategy of spending millions to boost pro-Trump candidates in Republican primaries appeared to pay off Tuesday as the party ended the night with a clean sweep of the races in which it chose to meddle.

No one ever said the Democrats wee stupid.

• clearvision pinned and unpinned this topic