The Myth About Global Warming Killing Off Ocean Life

Geee

the_myth_about_global_warming_killing_off_ocean_life_861672.html
Real Clear Markets

Europeans are getting ready for what is expected to be a tough winter, with some likely to be choosing between paying heating bills or having food on their plates. The major drivers of this dismal energy situation are so-called green policies that weakened the energy sector by replacing significant amounts of dependable energy sources like oil, coal, and natural gas with expensive, intermittent wind and solar technologies. 

Justification of green energy is often made with fearmongering about impending wildlife extinctions.  Al Gore set the ball rolling with false claims about polar bears in his 2007 documentary. Since then, it has become a trademark of the climate hysteria perpetuated by mainstream media.

However, these claims are often dubious, sometimes backed by cherry-picked data about regional populations but no serious analysis.

Polar bear populations have remained largely stable for the past few decades and even are rising in some regions. Bengal tigers in India have doubled in population in recent decades. 

Similarly, some sea life has increased in numbers. Whales across the world’s oceans have made a comeback after conservation efforts began in the 1970s. It turns out that hunting and not climate has been the biggest influence on the animal’s population. 

Blue whales, the largest of the behemoths, were hunted down to near extinction in the last century. More than 95 percent of the 350,000 individual whales were hunted down to nearly nothing between 1904 and 1967.:snip:

@Geee

The Myth About Global Warming Killing Off Ocean Life

There, Fixed for you.

The problem is those who believe this is a serious crisis is, they have Never looked at what the opposition says and why they say it.

“He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion... Nor is it enough that he should hear the opinions of adversaries from his own teachers, presented as they state them, and accompanied by what they offer as refutations. He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form."

John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Speaking as A Christian Conservative watching debates/discussions (on any topic) I have found those on The Other Side (The Left/Progressives/Atheists) do not come off looking  very good. Its not that they are Stupid (no more so than we are) its they are Ignorant. They don't know What We Really Say & Why We Say It.

This is why I subscribe to MSNBC//CNN, go to DU, Huffpo often. I want/need to know what they are Really saying & Why.

How many True Believers in  the Climate Crisis will read this, actually are  even aware of it? That number is VERY SMALL...like single digits. How can you have a reasonable conversation with someone who has no idea what you say and why? 

This is a Real problem, and I don't know the answer.

1 comment  (so far)

NorthEastern

32 minutes ago

Worldwide corral bleaching due to warming oceans. You lose author.

My reply would be "Cite Sources Please". Now maybe its true, but  I suspect its not (The Great Barrier Reef were told (With Great Certainty)is dying. Turns out It's Not, doing just fine thank you.

• Like 1