Whitmer Hoax Defendant: ‘My Life Got Taken Away From Me’ - Part one of a two-part story.

Geee

whitmer-hoax-defendant-my-life-got-taken-away-from-me
American Greatness

Brandon Caserta was not a criminal planning to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer but a human pawn in yet another FBI stunt designed to interfere in the election and sabotage Donald Trump.

Brandon Caserta had just ordered take-out—a bacon double cheeseburger with jalapeno and avocado that the restaurant named the “Spicy Brando” in his honor—when a coworker said the plant manager needed to see him. Instead of leaving to take his lunch break as planned, Caserta, who at the time worked as a machinist in a Michigan factory that manufactures parts for Ford trucks, walked to his boss’ office to see what was up.

When Caserta entered the office on October 7, 2020, at least 15 masked FBI agents and local law enforcement officers immediately tackled him to the ground. “Stop resisting, you’re under arrest!” they shouted, according to Caserta, who spoke with American Greatness by phone for four hours this week to discuss his nearly two-year ordeal at the hands of the U.S. government.

Caserta was taken from Plymouth to Ypsilanti that evening and interrogated. Hours later, FBI agents finally revealed why he was under arrest: for conspiring to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, the Democratic governor of Michigan. 

“It was surreal. I was like, ‘are you serious right now?’ Then they said, ‘The other guys say you know all about it.’”

The “other guys” were acquaintances that Caserta had met for the first time earlier that summer. They, too, had been arrested on the same federal charge in what the Justice Department considered a potential act of domestic terrorism.

Caserta’s name, along with the names of five other defendants—Adam Fox, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Barry Croft, Jr., and Daniel Harris—went viral. Their mug shots were plastered across the front pages and cable news channels while reporters described the men as “white supremacists” and members of “right-wing militias” loyal to President Donald Trump.:snip: