Plugging The Leaker

Valin

the-leaker.php
Power Line

Steven Hayward

May 8 2022

A lot of people, including Maria Bartiromo of Fox Business, think the person behind the leak of Justice Alito’s draft on Dobbs is going to be discovered or revealed very soon, going apparently on the assumption that the leak must have come from a clerk for one of the three liberal justices, and there are only 12 of them, so it shouldn’t be hard to figure out which one. I am not so sure.

(Snip)

One curious note is that NPR’s Nina Totenberg thinks the leak must have come from a conservative justice:

“The leading theory is a conservative clerk who was afraid that one of the conservatives might be persuaded by Chief Justice Roberts to join a much more moderate opinion,” Totenberg said during an appearance Sunday on ABC’s This Week.

“Leading theory”? I suppose it might be a “leading theory” at NPR, but certainly not among anyone with a normally functioning brain. This might be pure disinformation designed to throw up fog to help a leftist leaker cover their tracks. But my simple theory is that Totenberg can’t believe that a left-leaning law clerk would leak to anyone else but her, so it has to be from a conservative justice. In other words, she’s angry and jealous that she’s been scooped. I’ll bet she has been heavily trolling for leaks on this case for months now, without success. Hell hath no fury like a vain leftist journalist scorned.

May 8 2022