Repair shop owner sues CNN, Daily Beast, Politico over 'Russian disinformation' claims regarding Hunter Biden's laptop

Valin

repair-shop-owner-sues-cnn-daily-beast-politico-over-russian-disinformation-claims-regarding-hunter-bidens-laptop
The Post Millennial

"The fight to get to the bottom of who told everyone this was Russian disinformation is far more important for the nation than me clearing my name."

Nick Monroe Cleveland, Ohio

May 4, 2022 5:43 PM

The laptop repair store owner at the center of publicizing the contents of Hunter Biden’s abandoned hardware is now suing CNN, the Daily Beast, and POLITICO for defamatory damages that cost him his livelihood amid claims that the story was "Russian disinformation."

Hunter Biden first dropped off his laptop in April 2019, but forgot about it. Mac Isaac shared the laptop’s data with the FBI in December of that year, before then Rudy Giuliani obtained it and the New York Post broke the story in October 2020.

Mac Isaac’s lawsuit was filed in Montgomery County, Maryland. The claimant seeks both compensation damages for the impact that it had on his professional life, but he’s also seeking to clear his name in the public eye by pushing forward with legal proceedings.

"After fighting to reveal the truth, all I want now is for the rest of the country to know that there was a collective and orchestrated effort by social and mainstream media to block a real story with real consequences for the nation," Mac Isaac said in a statement to the New York Post.

"This was collusion led by 51 former pillars in the intelligence community and backed by words and actions of a politically motivated DOJ and FBI. I want this lawsuit to reveal that collusion and more importantly, who gave the marching orders."

Mac Isaac singled out Adam Schiff of the House Intelligence Community for pushing the baseless claims in a last-ditch effort to protect the Biden family’s reputation.

(Snip)

"Don't get mad. Sue the bastards."

The Fortune Cookie.

May 6 2022

Megyn Kelly is joined by attorneys Harmeet Dhillon and Mark Geragos to talk about the Hunter Biden laptop repairman suing Adam Schiff and the media, and more.