Jump to content

Add Gmail to the list of reasons why Big Tech must open its black boxes


Geee

Recommended Posts

big-tech-does-it-again-gmail-favors-dem-candidates
NY Post

In yet another sign of Big Tech bias, it turns out Google’s Gmail program leans strongly Democratic — automatically sending Republican fund-raising mail to users’ spam folders far more often than the Democratic ones in the runup to the 2020 elections.

The news comes courtesy of North Carolina State computer-science researchers, who examined 318,000 emails from May through November 2020 and evaluated Outlook and Yahoo accounts as well as Gmail.

As the Republican National Committee sums it up in its complaint to the Federal Election Commission, the Gmail algorithm sent GOP fundraising e-mails to spam at a rate 820% higher than Dem ones. The study puts it less shockingly: Nearly seven in 10 Republican messages auto-spammed, vs. less than one in 10 Democratic ones.

The other programs’ bias favored GOP e-mails, but by much narrower margins. And vastly more Americans use Gmail for their personal correspondence.

The RNC estimates it lost $1.5 billion in donations as a result, a loss of resources that certainly could have shifted, say, the Georgia runoffs that handed control of the Senate to the Democrats.:snip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geee said:
big-tech-does-it-again-gmail-favors-dem-candidates
NY Post

In yet another sign of Big Tech bias, it turns out Google’s Gmail program leans strongly Democratic — automatically sending Republican fund-raising mail to users’ spam folders far more often than the Democratic ones in the runup to the 2020 elections.

 

1. Google’s Gmail program leans strongly Democratic

ElTS1CMWMAA7pY1.jpg

 

2. About 80% of my EMails (In G Mail)  is Republican Fund raising letters. If you make a political contribution to Any candidate/group, they sell your Email to others. I just Delete Delete Delete everyday. Thing is if you open an EMail, guess what? You get put on yet one more list.

3. Slow News Day At The NY Post?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Valin said:

1. Google’s Gmail program leans strongly Democratic

ElTS1CMWMAA7pY1.jpg

 

2. About 80% of my EMails (In G Mail)  is Republican Fund raising letters. If you make a political contribution to Any candidate/group, they sell your Email to others. I just Delete Delete Delete everyday. Thing is if you open an EMail, guess what? You get put on yet one more list.

3. Slow News Day At The NY Post?

I notice this with Verizon also. They send 100% of Republican fund raising calls to spam. Wonder if they let the Dem ones thru?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Geee said:

I notice this with Verizon also. They send 100% of Republican fund raising calls to spam. Wonder if they let the Dem ones thru?

I'd be REAL surprised if they did.

Just today

This is your absolute FINAL Notice before you have missed your chance to be a member of House Republicans exclusive club forever. ☹️

Shipping Confirmation Needed: Claim your FREE item as our gift to you for being in the top 1% of GOP Patriots!

 

 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Valin said:

I'd be REAL surprised if they did.

Just today

This is your absolute FINAL Notice before you have missed your chance to be a member of House Republicans exclusive club forever. ☹️

Shipping Confirmation Needed: Claim your FREE item as our gift to you for being in the top 1% of GOP Patriots!

 

 
 
 

 

iu-1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1716137486
×
×
  • Create New...