Elon Musk’s no good, very bad meme shows how out of touch he is with political reality (The Narrative)

Valin

elon-musks-twitter-meme-shows-touch-reality-rcna26669
NBC News

t’s not uncommon for people to delude themselves into believing that their preferred political side is the reasonable one. That doesn't make it less worrying.

Parker Molloy, Chicago-based media critic

April 30, 2022

Billionaire and maybe-Twitter buyer Elon Musk sure loves memes. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don’t (and usually he’s not the one making them.) Thursday’s viral meme certainly fell into the latter two categories.

The argument being made here is a simple one: From 2008 to 2021, the political left moved even more to the left, while the right remained in the same exact spot. This I didn’t change! It was the left who left me! attitude is a pretty common trope among center-right types, but it’s simply not true. While perhaps comforting, there is plenty of empirical evidence to refute the core claim.

(Snip)

Excuse Me

Google Waterfall of polarization Left vs right voting ideology

PP-2014-06-12-polarization-1-01.png

extremes.jpg

clearvision

So when you are correct in your thinking, how more correct can you get?   You are right, so therefore you can't get more right.

But when you incorrect in your thinking, you can keep getting more incorrect.   There are infinite ways to be incorrect...

• Like 1