Senator Orrin Hatch dies after serving 42 years

Valin

breaking-senator-orrin-hatch-dies-after-serving-42-years
The Post Millennial

The Foundation stated that Hatch was surrounded by his loving family at the time of his death on Saturday afternoon, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The Post Millennial The Post Millennial

April 23, 2022 8:44 PM

The Hatch Foundation announced on Saturday that former Republican Senator Orrin G. Hatch died on Saturday. He was former President Pro Tempore of the US Senate, and has the distinction of having been the longest serving senator in the history of Utah, the state he served from 1977 to 2019.

The Foundation stated that Hatch was surrounded by his loving family at the time of his death on Saturday afternoon, in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is survived by his wife Elaine along with their six children. Hatch served during the terms of seven presidents.

"Senator Orrin G. Hatch personified the American Dream," said Matt Sandgren, Executive Director of the Hatch Foundation.

"Born the son of a carpenter and plaster lather, he overcame the poverty of his youth to become a United States Senator. With the hardships of his upbringing always fresh in his mind, he made it his life’s mission to expand freedom and opportunity for others—and the results speak for themselves. From tax and trade to religious liberty and healthcare, few legislators have had a greater impact on American life than Orrin Hatch. He was a profoundly positive influence in the lives of those he served, whether they were the constituents he helped over four decades of casework, the hundreds of interns he sponsored in both Utah and DC, or the robust network of Hatch staffers who carry on his legacy to this day. Senator Hatch touched the hearts of countless individuals, and I know I speak for all of them when I say he will be dearly missed."

(Snip)

half-staff-flag.jpg?w=1280