Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $43 billion in cash

Valin

elon-musk-offers-buy-twitter-3bc5f567-86b8-4351-9280-340bc644746a.html
Axios

Jacob Knutson, Dan Primack

Apr. 14 2022

Elon Musk offered to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share in cash, or about $43 billion, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday.

Why it matters: The move, which Musk called his "best and final offer, comes after the billionaire has repeatedly criticized Twitter, disclosed a 9.2% stake in the social media company and backed out of joining its board of directors.

What they're saying: "I am not playing the back-and-forth game. I have moved straight to the end. It's a high price and your shareholders will love it," Musk told Twitter, per the filing.

• "If the deal doesn’t work, given that I don’t have confidence in management nor do I believe I can drive the necessary change in the public market, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder."

(Snip)

Twitter to host town hall with employees to discuss Musk offer -source

By Reuters Staff

Apr. 14 2022

April 14 (Reuters) - Twitter will hold a town hall meeting with its employees at 2 p.m. Pacific time on Thursday to discuss the news of Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk’s offer to buy the company, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters. (Reporting by Sheila Dang Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Apr. 14 2022

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING: Shareholders put pressure on Twitter to take action on Elon Musk offer

"I wouldn't be surprised to wake up next week and see Musk raise what he called his best and final offer to possibly $64.20 per share," one of the fund managers who is invested in Twitter said.

Hannah Nightingale Washington DC

April 24, 2022 4:06 PM

Twitter is reportedly facing increased pressure from a number of its shareholders to negotiate with Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, who has brought forth a $43 billion bid to buy the social media company.

People familiar with the matter told Reuters that a number of shareholders reached out following Musk's meetings with them, in which he outlined his financing plan, and urged the company to take action on the opportunity.

While the company is expected to reveal in its quarterly earning report on Thursday that his $54.20 per share offer is too low, some shareholders still want Twitter to see whether they can get a better offer from Musk.

Musk has previously stated that his offer is final.

The sources told Reuters that one available option is for the company to open its books to Musk in an effort for him to sweeten his offer.

Another option would be to solicit offers from other potential bidders.

(Snip)

Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s buyout deal

• Twitter’s board accepted billionaire Elon Musk’s offer to buy the social media company and take it private, the company confirmed.
  • The announcement ends a weeks-long saga Musk kicked off when he offered to buy the company at $54.20 per share, his “best and final.”
  • Twitter’s board sought to fend off a hostile takeover by adopting a so-called poison pill.:snip:
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Geee said:

Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s buyout deal

• Twitter’s board accepted billionaire Elon Musk’s offer to buy the social media company and take it private, the company confirmed.
  • The announcement ends a weeks-long saga Musk kicked off when he offered to buy the company at $54.20 per share, his “best and final.”
  • Twitter’s board sought to fend off a hostile takeover by adopting a so-called poison pill.:snip:

TOS

NoLibZone

A master at work!

Time will tell just how much, but there’s a disturbance in the Force today...

DU

For the record the Boys & Girls &Whatever at DU are somewhat Less Than Thrilled by this.

33taw (2,050 posts)

6. I just closed my account.

Lets just say many F Bombs are being thrown.

Here is the thing The Left no longer understands, The Answer To Bad Speech Is More Speech. This is also one reason I left TOS. Got tired of The Censorship/Political Correctness. 

Hi Twitterverse. Many thanks for the knowledge and sharing over the past ten years or so. If Musk takes over Twitter I will be off within a few hours. Might be just as well for my well being but I’ve learned a lot of valuable stuff from many of you.Thank you all. Howard

:o Whatever  shall we do without the valuable insights of Howard Dean?

flat,128x128,075,t-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jp