Leftist Chickens Come Home to Roost for Amazon

Geee

leftist-chickens-come-home-to-roost-for-amazon-n1584130
PJ Media

One of the problems with living in America in the 21st century is that it is, well, America in the 21st century. But one of the great things about living in the Decline and Fall of the West is that one is always entertained.

In case you missed it, the organizers of Seattle Pride Week/Month/Year/Millennium/Epoch/Whatever have ousted Amazon as a sponsor. The reason? Like many businesses, Amazon supposedly gave money to politicians opposed to LGBTQRETIBONCYONAGKZX&UFDR#!$%^&* +/- @ policies. Apparently, Amazon doled out around $450,000 to lawmakers who opposed the Equality Act and handed out $11,000 to state legislators who backed anti-acronym bills. Amazon’s PAC also reportedly donated close to a million dollars in 2020 to politicians, the majority of whom backed bills that the LGBTQ, etc. crowd opposes. The problem with that is that anyone can earn the anti-acronym title by picking their nose in public while not waving the latest flag.

A spokesperson (spokesbeing?) for Seattle Pride stated: “We simply cannot partner with any organization actively harming our community through the support of discriminatory laws and politics.” Amazon countered with: “We stand together with the LGBTQ community and are working at the U.S. federal and state level on legislation, including supporting passage of the Equality Act.” Nice try but barn door, open. Horse, gone.

Amazon is not exactly known for its right-wing values. But it got caught with its hand in the cookie jar, and now it has to spend some time in Cancel Jail. No loss there, but I suspect if you are an Amazon subscriber, you will notice an uptick in the LGBTQ offerings as the company tries to make bail. And to be honest, I’m an adult and have enough to worry about without fretting over your pronouns, whom you love, or what you do with your junk. Horror of horrors, I am not as fascinated with your sexuality as you are. I don’t have time to obsess over your crotch and frankly, neither do you. Go live your life, for crying out loud. What I find problematic is the alacrity with which leftists will turn on anyone at a moment’s notice to savor the taste of blood and gristle between their incisors:snip: