Beer goes ‘woke’

Geee

beer-goes-woke
Washington Examiner

Some beer drinkers apparently feel bad after downing a six-pack, and not just from the hangover.

According to a duo of American commercial heavyweights, some of us also feel bad about the climate implications of our choice of brew, and they’ve come up with a solution: a climate-fixing beer.

“Most of the world’s agriculture is dominated by industrial practices, and generates about a quarter of the world’s planet-warming greenhouse gases. We figure that guzzling beer made from industrial ingredients just adds to the problem. We’d rather drink good beer that helps solve it,” said Patagonia Provisions, a division of the uber-green outfitter Patagonia.

Working with climate-friendly brewer Dogfish Head, the famous Delaware craft brewer, the two have come up with an answer.

Their new German-style “Kernza Pils” uses Kernza grains that the developer claims sucks carbon into 12-foot-long roots into Mother Earth.:snip:

26 minutes ago, Geee said:
beer-goes-woke
Washington Examiner

Working with climate-friendly brewer Dogfish Head, the famous Delaware craft brewer, the two have come up with an answer.

Their new German-style “Kernza Pils” uses Kernza grains that the developer claims sucks carbon into 12-foot-long roots into Mother Earth.:snip:

Craft Brew Beer, reminds me of those who who but "Fair Trade" coffee beans and make one cup at a time.

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Craft Brew Beer, reminds me of those who who but "Fair Trade" coffee beans and make one cup at a time.

I'm not a beer drinker myself but there are a number of small craft breweries in say a 100 mile radius here. In the Summer I have known people that spend a weekend touring and tasting. In fact I think Milwaukee may have a tour bus.

• Like 1