The New York Times hates to say The Post told you so

Valin

the-new-york-times-hates-to-say-the-post-told-you-so
New York Post

Michael Goodwin

March 17, 2022

Sometimes a newspaper story is just a story about someone. And sometimes the story inadvertently reveals far more about the newspaper itself.

That’s the case of the New York Times’ Thursday piece on Hunter Biden. What the discerning reader learns about the Times is far more important than anything disclosed about the president’s scheming son.

The one bit of actual news is that Hunter Biden took out a loan to pay the federal government as much as $1 million in back taxes as part of a continuing criminal probe about his business ventures with foreign corporations and individuals.

But that fact, which comes in the very first paragraph, is dwarfed by the Times’ bombshell acknowledgment later on. *Much later on. 

(Snip)

*Burying The Lede?

I do have a small question. What is the Next Thing The Right is Wrong About? :rolleyes:

A Blast From The Past

Tucker Carlson Interviews Hunter Biden Business Partner Tony Bobulinski About Joe Biden Involvement

Ian Schwartz
October 27, 2020

________________________________________________________________________________

Hunter Biden and the shame of social media

Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent

March 17, 2022

HUNTER BIDEN AND THE SHAME OF SOCIAL MEDIA. Today the New York Times published a story about the federal tax and foreign-influence investigation of President Joe Biden's son Hunter. The paper reported that Hunter Biden paid off a "significant tax liability," thought to be more than $1 million, in hopes of fending off indictment. But the investigation, run by the U.S. attorney in Delaware, is about more than just taxes, the New York Times reported — it also focuses on possible violations of "foreign lobbying and money laundering rules" in Hunter Biden's lucrative dealings in Ukraine, China, and elsewhere.

Deep in the story, the 24th paragraph, to be exact, the paper reported that prosecutors have "examined emails between Mr. Biden, [business partner Devon] Archer, and others about [Ukrainian energy firm] Burisma and other foreign business activity." The New York Times has seen the emails in question. It obtained them "from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop." Those emails, the New York Times continued, "were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation."

The New York Times article comes as something of a bitter joke for the New York Post, which on Oct. 14, 2020, published a story headlined, "Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad." The New York Post reported that the email was "contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer" that had been brought to a Delaware repair shop in April 2019.

(Snip)

Left-Wing Rating Agency Grades Media That Botched Hunter Biden Story With 100 Percent Credibility

News groups dedicated to discrediting misinformation have a history of amplifying misinformation. On Wednesday, The New York Times conceded the authenticity of a laptop abandoned by Hunter Biden whose content was found and published in October 2020 then censored as “fake news.”

The computer’s files, first obtained by the New York Post after the laptop was abandoned at a Delaware repair shop, exposed new layers of family corruption as then-former Vice President Joe Biden ran for the White House, with mere weeks to election day.

“Emails,” the Times wrote on a story related to Hunter Biden’s federal tax investigation, “were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden.”

Had the same statement been made in October 2020, and by a right-leaning news outlet, the Times’ article would have been suppressed across Twitter and Facebook and its Twitter account suspended while rival outlets smeared the paper and any other publication as parroting Russian disinformation. That’s exactly what happened to the New York Post when it revealed Joe Biden had been lying when he denied ever discussing business with his son, “or with anyone else.” Another story revealed Joe Biden stood to personally profit from his son’s potentially criminal overseas business ventures.

The state-funded editors of National Propaganda Radio (NPR) announced days after the first trove of stories from the laptop were published that the government news operation would continue to ignore the blockbuster revelations.

“We don’t want to waste our time on stories that are not really stories,” NPR editors wrote.:snip:

3 minutes ago, Valin said:

And they wonder Why So many people no longer trust Corporate Media/The Narrative.

DownMountain-X.gif

Remember Rathergate?

Maybe not the 1st wake up call but but close.

35 minutes ago, Geee said:

Power Line

Mike Hayden, former CIA director, now analyst for CNN: Didn’t respond.

Michael Morell, former CIA acting director, now at George Mason University: Didn’t respond.

One of the things I Don't Get (and am very disappointed by) is Never Trump like these two. There was a time when I held them in Very High Regard.  Along with other Never Trump people. OK, during the primary I was ABT (Anyone But Trump), During the Election I voted for IMO The lesser of two evils.  By 2018 I was a Mostly Trump (70%). What i don't understand is What didn't these guys see that I did? 

Of course there is always the possibility that they were selling me a Bill Of Goods when I held them in high regard. Which opens another can of worms.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Are you speaking of the current administration? :blink:

Alas The Current Administration is Very Real. But Wait! It gets worse. We are stuck with this "People" until Jan. 20 2025. May The Lord Have Mercy On Us All.

Here's a question. Who is The Worst?

5 minutes ago, Valin said:

Who is The Worst?

You mean between Joe, Kammy and Nancy ? Wow - what a choice!!!!! I guess none of the above is out of the question. The only bright spot is if we can get a new speaker in a few months.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

You mean between Joe, Kammy and Nancy ? Wow - what a choice!!!!! I guess none of the above is out of the question. The only bright spot is if we can get a new speaker in a few months.

What leads you to believe the new Speaker will be any better than Nancy?

6 minutes ago, Valin said:

What leads you to believe the new Speaker will be any better than Nancy?

Well, it would be a real stretch to be worse - and we are assuming that the R's take over the House. 

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Well, it would be a real stretch to be worse - and we are assuming that the R's take over the House. 

Waiting in the wings Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib.  :D

34 minutes ago, Valin said:

Waiting in the wings Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib.  :D

Well, I don't think they would ever be voted speaker - but never say never. I would have laughed my ass off a few years ago if you told me that Biden would be voted in as President.  There's no accounting for stupidity.  

6 minutes ago, Geee said:

Well, I don't think they would ever be voted speaker - but never say never. I would have laughed my ass off a few years ago if you told me that Biden would be voted in as President.  There's no accounting for stupidity.  

2c1.jpg

Mar. 21 2022

Dave Rubin of “The Rubin Report” shares a clip of press secretary Jen Psaki struggling to explain Joe Biden’s past lies about the Hunter Biden laptop scandal. The scandal has new relevance due to the connection between Hunter Biden and Russian oligarch Yelena Baturina who has thus far escaped targeted Russian sanctions.

1 minute ago, Valin said:

Mar. 21 2022

Dave Rubin of “The Rubin Report” shares a clip of press secretary Jen Psaki struggling to explain Joe Biden’s past lies about the Hunter Biden laptop scandal. The scandal has new relevance due to the connection between Hunter Biden and Russian oligarch Yelena Baturina who has thus far escaped targeted Russian sanctions.

White House ignores its Hunter problem

Miranda Devine

March 20, 2022

(Snip)

“How is President Biden navigating conflicts of interest when it comes to sanctioning people who have done business with his family?” asked Nelson.
“What would be his conflicts of interest?” Psaki coolly replied.

Well, just for starters, Russian oligarch Yelena Baturina, who paid $3.5 million into a bank account associated with Hunter and his business partner Devon Archer, was not sanctioned along with other oligarchs allied with President Vladimir Putin this month.

Why not? Was it an oversight? A favor?

It’s a serious question that deserves a serious answer.

Baturina wired $3.5 million on Feb. 14, 2014, to Rosemont Seneca Thornton, a consortium formed between Rosemont Seneca — the firm co-founded by Hunter, Archer and Chris Heinz — and the Thornton Group.

Baturina’s wires were flagged in “suspicious activity reports” provided by the Treasury Department to a Senate Republican inquiry by the Finance and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committees.

Hunter’s lawyer has denied  Hunter profited from the transaction, telling CNN: “The claim that he was paid $3.5 million is false.”

So who received the $3.5 million and did they pay tax on it?

(Snip)

8 Joe Biden Scandals Inside Hunter Biden’s MacBook That Corporate Media Just Admitted Is Legit

:snip:Here are the eight Joe Biden scandals deserving further coverage.

1. Pay-to-Play in Ukraine

The most obvious scandal bared by the emails and text messages contained on Hunter’s laptop concerns the influence profiteering Joe Biden apparently participated in during his eight years as Barack Obama’s vice president, with Ukraine featuring heavily in the pay-to-play scheme.

The New York Times, in its likely “get ahead of the story,” coverage from last week, touched on the Ukrainian angle by noting Hunter’s connection to Burisma and then quoting emails recovered from the laptop indicating the younger Biden leveraged his dad’s position — then as vice president. But the Times’ surface coverage of the Burisma scandal doesn’t nearly suffice.

Surface it was: The Times made no mention of Hunter’s appointment to Burisma Holdings Board of Directors at a reported salary of $50,000 per month during his dad’s time as vice president. Hunter Biden had no experience in energy. So, a deep-dive on the entire Biden-Burisma connection is a first step.:snip: