Student blasts school board over mask mandate that lasted more than 400 days

Valin

student-blasts-school-board-over-mask-mandate-that-lasted-more-than-400-days
Alpha News

Severson criticized the district for keeping kids masked for over 400 days, thereby instilling in them a fear of normal life.

Evan Stambaugh

February 18, 2022

A high school student in the Twin Cities area expressed delight over her district’s decision to lift its mask mandate, but she also made it clear the destructive mandate will have long-lasting negative effects.

(Snip)

“My first reaction was joy. We’d finally be able to see each other’s faces again. I would be able to actually know what my teachers look like. But as I looked around me, I realized other students were not as excited as me,” she said.

“Instead they were nervous that they would be able to take them off. It was almost like they didn’t know what to do with themselves. And then I thought to myself how sad that is, that we have a whole generation of kids who are afraid to breathe fresh air,” she added.

Severson then criticized the district for keeping kids masked for over 400 days, thereby instilling in them a fear of normal life and wrecking their mental health and social development.

(Snip)

(Snip)