Coffee Shop

Rheo

Frank Luntz: I Sold Polling Business Because I Did All I Can http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/luntz-pollster-sold-business/2014/01/10/id/546341?promo_code=F492-1&utm_source=Test_Newsmax_Feed&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

fd196000-eea3-4335-9717-f31c3c3eb1bb.jpg

Pollster Frank Luntz says he sold the majority stake in his polling business partly because he's fed up with politicians who don't tell people what they really mean.

"I did this because you can't keep telling the people something is great when it isn't. You can't keep promising them a handout when you have no money left," Luntz said Thursday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity."

Host Sean Hannity played a clip of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, speaking from the House floor on Wednesday, suggesting the government stop using the term "welfare" and switch to "transitional living fund."

Luntz didn't like that suggestion.

"For generations that have been on welfare it is a government check," Luntz said, adding that about 80 percent of Americans would agree, "A government check is a government check" no matter what it is named.

Luntz said he sold the majority of his business to MDC Partners and will be working more in the corporate sphere. A press release from MDC Partners on Wednesday said Luntz and his team will remain to help Luntz Global continue to grow.

"I've been incredibly fortunate to take the skills I honed in the tough world of politics to help some of the great leaders in business, finance and sports find the right words to give them the winning edge," Luntz was quoted in the press release.

But he took a much darker tone in an interview with The Atlantic, saying he became depressed after President Barack Obama won re-election in 2012, and felt he had done all he could to try to press the cause of conservatism.

"I'm not good enough," Luntz told The Atlantic. "And I hate that. I have come to the extent of my capabilities. And this is not false modesty. I think I’m pretty good. But not good enough."

Scissors-32x32.png

NewsMax via iOTW http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=220859

• Like 1

Frank Luntz: I Sold Polling Business Because I Did All I Can http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/luntz-pollster-sold-business/2014/01/10/id/546341?promo_code=F492-1&utm_source=Test_Newsmax_Feed&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

fd196000-eea3-4335-9717-f31c3c3eb1bb.jpg

Pollster Frank Luntz says he sold the majority stake in his polling business partly because he's fed up with politicians who don't tell people what they really mean.

This is what people really want. Too many politicians make promises they know they can't fulfill.

The pizza arrived, steaming and delectable, a smoked-mozzarella-and-sausage pie presented to Mayor Bill de Blasio like a gilded offering to a visiting caliph.

The mayor, on a pilgrimage Friday to Goodfellas, the venerable Staten Island pizzeria, smiled, nodded at his slice and then proceeded to do the unthinkable: eat it with a knife and fork.

LINK

Alright! Another political scandal!

The pizza arrived, steaming and delectable, a smoked-mozzarella-and-sausage pie presented to Mayor Bill de Blasio like a gilded offering to a visiting caliph.

The mayor, on a pilgrimage Friday to Goodfellas, the venerable Staten Island pizzeria, smiled, nodded at his slice and then proceeded to do the unthinkable: eat it with a knife and fork.

LINK

Alright! Another political scandal!

Smoked Mozzarella! huh.png Do we need any more proof that he's a commie. I bet he has pineapple on his pizza too.

I have been doing some very serious pondering this morning, the question is, how will the death of Ariel Sharon affect the Bridge-Gate scandal? In addition I wonder (as should all serious people) just what does the Sharon family think of Chris Christie?

• Like 2

"Hand of God" Exploding Star

enhanced-buzz-wide-1506-1389392508-42-45

Spectacular NASA Image Captures “Hand Of God”

http://weaselzippers.us/spectacular-nasa-image-captures-hand-of-god/

The NASA astronomers who captured this incredible image of an exploding star nearly 17,000 light-years away have nicknamed it “The Hand of God.” NASA’s Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR) mission described the phenomenon, known as a pulsar wind nebula, in a statement on their website:

It’s powered by the leftover, dense core of a star that blew up in a supernova explosion. The stellar corpse, called PSR B1509-58, or B1509 for short, is a pulsar: it rapidly spins around, seven times per second, firing out a particle wind into the material around it — material that was ejected in the star’s explosion. These particles are interacting with magnetic fields around the material, causing it to glow with X-rays. The result is a cloud that, in previous images, looked like an open hand. The pulsar itself can’t be seen in this picture, but is located near the bright white spot.

Scissors-32x32.png

BuzzFeed via WeaselZippers

Awesome!