Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

University of Minnesota Students Demand Mandatory Transgender Class To Right The Wrongs Of Colonial America… http://weaselzippers.us/190363-university-of-minnesota-students-demand-mandatory-transgender-class-to-right-the-wrongs-of-colonial-america/

Junior moonbats are always good for a few laughs thanks to their clueless fanaticism.

A liberal group at the University of Minnesota (U of M) has ordered the school to admit it is a product of the evil actions of colonial Americans and must fundamentally alter its structure to make it up to marginalized communities.

“We demand an acknowledgement that the university exists as a product of colonialistic processes,” states the official website for the group, which calls itself “Whose Diversity?”

The group has created a list of “permanent and substantial structural changes” that the school must enact to right these wrongs and has vowed not to stop.

The list of changes gives the school two years to have at least two “faculty members of color” in every single department who are “engaging in critical race and ethnic studies scholarship with a social justice emphasis.” It also demands that students with “historically marginalized backgrounds” have the opportunity to be involved in hiring these faculty.

Further demands include hiring more “medical providers of historically marginalized identities whose work is rooted in social justice” and increasing the number of “non-white” students to meet very specific proportions. [...]

The list also calls for a gender-neutral restroom in every building and a faith-neutral “meditation and healing” room on every campus.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via WeaselZippers

The "Patton" Doctrine:

Via BonedJello

this is exactly the sort of idea I would expect from writers pretending they have a clue one of 1. George Patton jr. and his thinking on war 2. the nature of this war, what it will require to win it. 3. fornication...with other than their right/left hand. It other words prefect for the audience of Don Imus.

sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA

noun

1.the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2.a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3.a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Origin: 1500–10; < Latin satira, variant of satura medley, perhaps feminine derivative of satur sated (see saturate)

Related forms

non·sat·ire, noun

Can be confused:

1. burlesque, caricature, cartoon, parody, satire (see synonym study at burlesque)(see synonym study at the current entry) ; 2. satire, satyr.

Synonyms

1. See irony1 . 2, 3. burlesque, caricature, parody, travesty. Satire, lampoon refer to literary forms in which vices or follies are ridiculed. Satire the general term, often emphasizes the weakness more than the weak person, and usually implies moral judgment and corrective purpose: Swift's satire of human pettiness and bestiality. Lampoon refers to a form of satire, often political or personal, characterized by the malice or virulence of its attack: lampoons of the leading political figures.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

lit·er·al·ism [lit-er-uh-liz-uhm] Show IPA

noun

1.adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense, as in translation or interpretation: to interpret the law with uncompromising literalism.

2.a peculiarity of expression resulting from this: The work is studded with these obtuse literalisms.

3.exact representation or portrayal, without idealization, as in art or literature: a literalism more appropriate to journalism than to the novel.

Origin:

1635–45; literal + -ism

Related forms

lit·er·al·ist, noun

lit·er·al·is·tic, adjective

lit·er·al·is·ti·cal·ly, adverb

That would be true were it not for the fact I have seen the same thing put forward seriously, starting shortly after 9-11.

SrWoodchuck

The "Patton" Doctrine:

Via BonedJello

this is exactly the sort of idea I would expect from writers pretending they have a clue one of 1. George Patton jr. and his thinking on war 2. the nature of this war, what it will require to win it. 3. fornication...with other than their right/left hand. It other words prefect for the audience of Don Imus.

sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA

noun

1.the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2.a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3.a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Origin: 1500–10; < Latin satira, variant of satura medley, perhaps feminine derivative of satur sated (see saturate)

Related forms

non·sat·ire, noun

Can be confused:

1. burlesque, caricature, cartoon, parody, satire (see synonym study at burlesque)(see synonym study at the current entry) ; 2. satire, satyr.

Synonyms

1. See irony1 . 2, 3. burlesque, caricature, parody, travesty. Satire, lampoon refer to literary forms in which vices or follies are ridiculed. Satire the general term, often emphasizes the weakness more than the weak person, and usually implies moral judgment and corrective purpose: Swift's satire of human pettiness and bestiality. Lampoon refers to a form of satire, often political or personal, characterized by the malice or virulence of its attack: lampoons of the leading political figures.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

lit·er·al·ism [lit-er-uh-liz-uhm] Show IPA

noun

1.adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense, as in translation or interpretation: to interpret the law with uncompromising literalism.

2.a peculiarity of expression resulting from this: The work is studded with these obtuse literalisms.

3.exact representation or portrayal, without idealization, as in art or literature: a literalism more appropriate to journalism than to the novel.

Origin:

1635–45; literal + -ism

Related forms

lit·er·al·ist, noun

lit·er·al·is·tic, adjective

lit·er·al·is·ti·cal·ly, adverb

That would be true were it not for the fact I have seen the same thing put forward seriously, starting shortly after 9-11.

"So....it would be true were it not for the fact that"....You [arbiter of all truth]..."had not seen the same thing put forward....seriously...?"

I don't much listen to, or respect those who deem themselves the almighty arbiters of truth.

It was posted as a caricature, a parody of Patton.

If we're not required to genuflect to your authority in all matters regarding truth...then move on.

Your intolerance of jest is noted.

Cyber_Liberty

@Valin,

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Irony Alert!!!

a4bb12dedd889803acc2356d77247a41.jpg

I'm not sure I see what the problem is. She doesn't appear likely to be all that interested in male colleagues.

MSU-North Vice Chancellor

She's just got the one "vice"........she's touchy-feely

It's true what they say: Beautiful people rarely get accused of Sexual Harassment. Catherine Zeta-Jones, for example, can touchy-feely just about anybody without complaint. If that person in the picture got that way, on the other hand.....

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck, @Valin,

Here's something I'll bet we can agree on: Don Imus is a dipstick.

I never pay that much attention to the guy.

Neither do I.....but I admire his charity, the Imus Ranch.....and I really like his producer, Bernie McGuirk.

Cyber_Liberty

I thought Bigfoot was the producer...I like Bernie too. My better half likes Imus as the alarm-clock show because it's on the Business channel. I also like that Imus does the ranch in the summers. But, one cannot evade the fact that he's a libtard. Barks at the moon sometimes.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

I thought Bigfoot was the producer...I like Bernie too. My better half likes Imus as the alarm-clock show because it's on the Business channel. I also like that Imus does the ranch in the summers. But, one cannot evade the fact that he's a libtard. Barks at the moon sometimes.

@Cyber_Liberty!

McGuirk is listed as the executive producer. I'm not sure what that means anymore. In movies....you can snag that title for bringing a major talent to the flic.....or licking envelopes....supplying the best dope....or most anything. Radio seems to be different.

SrWoodchuck

WVR! Same meeting.....Hick lied about speaking with Nanny Bloomers, taking his money & organizing the gun control measures.....and was called on it, by a Sheriff.

Plus....he says he didn't think it would pass.....had no Republican votes....and he signed it into law...like a good Prog!

My Head Hurts!

Minnesota Radicals Demand Mandatory Transgender Classes Because Of Colonialism OR ELSE

Members of a radical leftist group at the University of Minnesota have demanded that the school confess that it “exists as a product of” colonial evil and must therefore “fundamentally” restructure to conform to their organizing principles.

The group – which calls itself “Whose Diversity?” – has chosen to remain unrecognized by the administration, it says, to avoid becoming “complicit in reproducing a homogenized notion of diversity.”

The comically lengthy list of demands is over 1,000 words longer than the Declaration of Independence.

(Snip)

My Head Hurts!

Minnesota Radicals Demand Mandatory Transgender Classes Because Of Colonialism OR ELSE

Members of a radical leftist group at the University of Minnesota have demanded that the school confess that it “exists as a product of” colonial evil and must therefore “fundamentally” restructure to conform to their organizing principles.

The group – which calls itself “Whose Diversity?” – has chosen to remain unrecognized by the administration, it says, to avoid becoming “complicit in reproducing a homogenized notion of diversity.”

The comically lengthy list of demands is over 1,000 words longer than the Declaration of Independence.

(Snip)

My alma mater. sigh

clearvision

Out here in Cali watching news and a "college" is facing bankruptcy and all the students are crying on camera. When did commercial entities become colleges based on a couple of years of existence.

OMG! Lombard street (San Fran) is going to be closed on weekends to normal people.

That's OK. I probably wouldn't want to go there anyway. Still, when something is closed to a certain group of people it sort of makes you want to go there.