WH: We've 'Enrolled' 3.3 Million People, But We Can't Say How Many Are Actually Covered

Valin

pollyannaish

Health Care Horror Hooey

* Paul Krugman

2/24/14

Remember the death tax? The estate tax is quite literally a millionaires tax a tax that affects only a tiny minority of the population, and is mostly paid by a handful of very wealthy heirs. Nonetheless, right-wingers have successfully convinced many voters that the tax is a cruel burden on ordinary Americans that all across the nation small businesses and family farms are being broken up to pay crushing estate tax liabilities.

You might think that such heart-wrenching cases are actually quite rare, but youd be wrong: they arent rare; theyre nonexistent. In particular, nobody has ever come up with a real modern example of a family farm sold to meet estate taxes. The whole death tax campaign has rested on eliciting human sympathy for purely imaginary victims.

And now theyre trying a similar campaign against health reform.

(Snip)

* Licensed Certified Smart Guy

Look buddy, you are not entitled to you own set of facts. It has been happening to all of us. Jerk. Sorry, but he is a heartless jerk.

Look buddy, you are not entitled to you own set of facts. It has been happening to all of us. Jerk. Sorry, but he is a heartless jerk.

Are you a Licensed Certified Smart Guy? Do you have a Nobel Prize, a NY Times Column? If not then your opinion doesn't matter! tongue.png

pollyannaish

Are you a Licensed Certified Smart Guy? Do you have a Nobel Prize, a NY Times Column? If not then your opinion doesn't matter! tongue.png

Oh yeah, I forgot. I am an honorary member of the Associated something of Steves. I think I am disqualified. Heh.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot. I am an honorary member of the Associated something of Steves. I think I am disqualified. Heh.

You speak of course of the American Society of Steve's

Draggingtree
The 2014 Democrat Slogan: “F. U. America”

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | March 3rd, 2014 at 04:30 AM

On Thursday, Vice President Joe Biden told Democrats, “We should not apologize for a single thing.”

Also on Thursday, Senator Harry Reid said all the horror stories related to Obamacare are lies. He dismissed them as “Koch Brother” smears. The woman with caner is a liar. The man whose mother can’t get her cancer medication covered is a liar too. The guy with multiple sclerosis? He is a liar too.

All five million people who have lost their healthcare insurance are liars. Everybody is a liar except, apparently, the President who said if you liked your health care insurance, you could keep it.

This is the Democrats’ 2014 campaign slogan — “F. U. America.” They are not going to run on a platform of fixing Obamacare. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2014/03/03/the-2014-democrat-slogan-f-u-america/

Are One-Third of All Americans Liars?

John Hinderaker

3/3/14

Harry Reid has famously asserted that every single claim that Obamacare has done harm is false. (He later walked that back a bit, saying that almost all such claims are lies.) By doing so, Reid has put himself and his party at odds with an enormous number of Americansone third of the population, if Rasmussen Reports is correct:

Just 14% of all voters now say they personally have been helped by the law, down from 16% in January. Thirty-three percent (33%) say they have been hurt by the law, up from 29% earlier this year and the highest negative rating since April 2013. Fifty percent (50%) say it has had no impact on them.

It is a little hard to see how one-third of Americans could already have been hurt by the law, given that its mandates have been pushed back. By the same token, I dont see how it can be true that 14% have been helped by the law, either. But heres the point: whatever the right percentage is, there is no doubt that many millions of Americans have, in fact, lost their insurance coverage, lost their doctors, or been forced to pay more for insurance (or the same for less insurance) on account of Obamacare. These people and, in many instances, their families and friends, are going to be seriously unhappy in November. If the Democrats think they can hide their heads in the sand and claim that all of those people are liars, they will prove to be mistaken.

clearvision

Easy to see how 1/3 can be hurt. Harder to get Dr. appointment. Policy cancelled. Stress from not knowing what is going to happen to current health care coverage. Having to pay for BC for 50 year old policies. Hours reduced to 30 to get below limits. On and On.

Well this certainly is a Shock!

New ObamaCare delay to help Democrats in midterm elections

Elise Viebeck

3/3/14

The Obama administration is set to announce another major delay in implementing the Affordable Care Act, easing election pressure on Democrats.

As early as this week, according to two sources, the White House will announce a new directive allowing insurers to continue offering health plans that do not meet ObamaCares minimum coverage requirements.

Prolonging the keep your plan fix will avoid another wave of health policy cancellations otherwise expected this fall.

The cancellations would have created a firestorm for Democratic candidates in the last, crucial weeks before Election Day.

The White House is intent on protecting its allies in the Senate, where Democrats face a battle to keep control of the chamber.

I dont see how they could have a bunch of these announcements going out in September, one consultant in the health insurance industry said. Not when theyre trying to defend the Senate and keep their losses at a minimum in the House. This is not something to have out there right before the election.

(Snip)

Americans Still Trust Dems over GOP on Health Care
3/4/14

The Democratic Party has taken a beating in public opinion polls over the many Obamacare fiascos, but people still prefer it to the Republican Party on health care. WaPo breaks down the numbers:

Majorities of Americans continue to disapprove of the president’s handling of the economy and of the implementation of his signature health-care law. But after a noticeable decline late last year after the botched rollout of the Affordable Care Act, attitudes about his handling of the law have stabilized over the first months of this year.

Despite the problems with the health-care law’s implementation, Democrats maintain an edge over Republicans on which party Americans trust to deal with the issue, by a margin of 44 percent to 36 percent.

To be sure, this is a small margin—much smaller than what existed pre-ACA. But the fact that the numbers still swing the Democrats’ way in the wake of an unpopular law and its botched rollout shows us that Americans do not want to return to the status quo ante......(Snip)

pollyannaish

That's it! Can I be your mascot or something? ASP (American Society of Pollyannas) just doesn't sound nearly as subversive. ;)

That's it! Can I be your mascot or something? ASP (American Society of Pollyannas) just doesn't sound nearly as subversive. wink.png

legendslore-ar-cleopatra.jpg?w=472

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

ISWYDT

tongue.png

He's just a minor devil, @Pepper. It just seems like hell, since he became dick-tater. We're giving up cursing at him when he appears on TV....for Lent. Do you realize how much that is? May God help us all.....

• Like 1

Obamcare-changes.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Do you want to repost this? For some reason it doesn't show up.

Are you logged on?

SrWoodchuck

My gosh, @SrWoodchuck

Complete silence at the WoodChuck household for 4o days

Sorry @Pepper, I'm here.....just tending to an injured Sweet E......she injured her back, and she's had problems with recovery....every time she sees Oblabbo....she just aggravates and re-aggravates her injury. Luckily I've put a plexiglass shield in front of the old telly.....otherwise we'd be missing Dexter & Justified. Can't let reality prevent us from dissolving into unreality as needed.