Coffee Shop

Rheo

'Occupy Unmasked' No. 1 Doc on Amazon.com

Once upon a time, conservative films were barely a blip on Hollywood's radar.

Times are changing.

Four out of the top five best-selling documentaries currently on Amazon.com are right of center. Leading the way - "Occupy Unmasked," featuring Andrew Breitbart showing audiences the true nature of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

(Snip)

Bambi joins the Tea Party: Wild deer only destroys Obama yard signs

A Republican Deer

Credits:

FoxNews.com

Scissors-32x32.png

A wild deer in Texas has weighed in on the presidential race, by targeting and destroying only yard signs promoting President Barack Obama's reelection.

According to a Friday (9/21) report by FoxNews.com, the Priem family of Austin found that someone was repeatedly damaging their Obama yard signs. “The sign had holes poked in it like somebody had stuck a knife through it. At first I thought it was somebody who didn’t like Obama,” Tom Priem said.

Edited by saveliberty

Debt Bomb: The updated app

Scott Johnson

9/24/12

334x480xdebtbomb1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dVFM2A5qQ5.jpg

Kyle Smith is the developer of the Debt Bomb application for mobile devices. We posted an item on the app when it was released this past spring. Developer Kyle Smith now writes to let us know that he has just updated the app:

(Snip)

Readers can download the updated app here.

Now you can get depressed where ever you go!

Hillary Clinton Aide Tells Reporter To “f%@# Off” And “Have A Good Life”

As the State Department's story about what happened in Benghazi crumbles, Clinton's personal spokesperson, Philippe Reines, loses his temper. “Have a good day. And by good day I mean f%@# Off.” ohmy.png

I'm sure he meant it in the best new civility tone possible....and anyone who thinks different is a %&$#*%@@#.

Hillary Clinton Aide Tells Reporter To “f%@# Off” And “Have A Good Life”

As the State Department's story about what happened in Benghazi crumbles, Clinton's personal spokesperson, Philippe Reines, loses his temper. “Have a good day. And by good day I mean f%@# Off.” ohmy.png

HA. The dirty word filter won't take that link to an article...

Elizabeth Warren’s law license problem

Maintained private law practice at Cambridge office for over a decade but not licensed in Massachusetts

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/elizabeth-warrens-law-license-problem/#comments

The debate last Thursday night between Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren covered ground mostly known to voters.

But there was one subject most people watching probably did not know about, Elizabeth Warren’s private legal representation of The Travelers Insurance Company in an asbestos-related case.

Brown brought the point up late in the debate, and hammered it:

Warren attempted to deny her role, and referred to a Boston Globe article, but the Globe article supports Brown’s account. The Globe article indicated the representation was for a period of three years and Warren was paid $212,000. The case resulted in a Supreme Court victory for Travelers arising out of a bankruptcy case in New York.

Whatever the political implications of the exchange, Warren’s representation of Travelers raises another big potential problem for Warren.

Warren represented not just Travelers, but numerous other companies starting in the late 1990s working out of and using her Harvard Law School office in Cambridge, which she listed as her office of record on briefs filed with various courts. Warren, however, never has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.......

Scissors-32x32.png

Elizabeth Warren’s law license problem

Maintained private law practice at Cambridge office for over a decade but not licensed in Massachusetts

http://legalinsurrec...oblem/#comments

@SrWoodchuck, there is more:

Elizabeth Warren, Unlicensed Lawyer?

Jim Geraghty

Scissors-32x32.png

ANOTHER UPDATE: Another veteran lawyer writes in to Campaign Spot:

I have practiced law for 30 years. Your correspondent is correct that a federal court can permit an attorney from a state outside the state wherein the federal court sits to appear before that court. The practice is called
“pro hac vice,”
which is Latin for “for this occasion.” Here are the
, which would be the relevant court in this case.

However, this does not conclude the issue. There would still need to be an attorney licensed in Mass. who moved for Ms. Warren to be admitted
pro hac vice
for the case at hand. Such a document would have to be in the docket of the case as to which she was representing her client. If Ms. Warren simply filed pleadings without first being admitted to the court
pro hac vice
, she would be implicitly representing to the court that she was, in fact, licensed to practice in Mass., and if she was not so licensed, she would have violated the court’s rules, and, in effect, have committed a fraud upon the court.

Edited by saveliberty

New Elizabeth Warren ad: My parents told me my mom was part Native American, so there you go

posted at 7:57 pm on September 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

Scissors-32x32.png

I didn’t think that exchange over her heritage at the debate last week had drawn any blood, but evidently it did. There’s no way her team would waste resources in addressing this subject unless they didn’t like the feedback they got afterward.

Scissors-32x32.png

Being the trials and tribulations of a long haul trucker

Lag Time

Dave Carter

9/24/12

truck_stop_parking_lot_dsc01708_large.jpg

I like a truck stop with a robust police presence. Nothing says "Welcome to our community," quite like an officer, armed to the teeth, standing guard at the men's restroom, with another one watching the cash register, as it turned out. The tasers, pistols, badges, and related effects add a certain something to the atmosphere of the place. Certainly, there's a sense of order that would be missing otherwise. Meanwhile, in the men's room, the towel dispensers were empty, and so under the watchful eye of the nice officer, I left to dry my hands using napkins over by the coffee machines instead.

"This used to be a good place," said one of the other truckers at the lunch counter. Indeed, it was the best truck stop in all of Laredo. Probably still is, for all I know. I quit going to the others when this one was built because we had to pay to stay the night here. Normally, that's a bad thing, …but in this instance, it kept more of the unsavory characters out. They went across the street instead, where parking was free. For example, when I was here a few months back, everyone was talking about the poor trucker that was pulled out of his truck across the street, beaten, robbed, and his truck stolen. So this place was a good alternative. But recently the security gate broke and, this being Laredo, no one has repaired it. Now, the difference between this truck stop and the one across the street are diminishing by the day.

"Y'all registered to vote?" asked a gentleman at the lunch counter. He was wearing a black t-shirt that read, "I Got My BS Degree." By the general nodding of heads, it seemed everyone was registered.

(Snip)

More Dave Carter

Lot of really sharp people out there.