Coffee Shop

Valin

sigh. I wonder how this person suggests we ALL learn to work/live with Kim Jong-Un, for starters.

I wonder 1. how old he(?) is? By his comment I'd say 6, 2. if they have ever read any serious book on Islamic terrorism? this of course assumes he(?) has a read comprehension of a 16 year old....and any desire to actually learn something.

• Like 1

sigh. I wonder how this person suggests we ALL learn to work/live with Kim Jong-Un, for starters.

I wonder 1. how old he(?) is? By his comment I'd say 6, 2. if they have ever read any serious book on Islamic terrorism? this of course assumes he(?) has a read comprehension of a 16 year old....and any desire to actually learn something.

Any desire to actually learn something would be the key.

• Like 2

clearvision

I just hope the hatch that opens up on top of the aircraft has an automatic closing control as you hit speed, otherwise hope it is not critical to the landing of the plane.  Lot of moving parts on that things. Looks like 5 hatches, the extra fan and the cool exhaust nozzle that swivels all over the place.

The Week in Pictures: The End is Nye Edition

Steven Hayward

April 29, 2017

Who had the worst week in America? It has to be Bill Nye, once the Science Guy but now the Weimar Guy, noted here a few days ago for celebrating the World’s Worst Music Video Ever. Shall we make him the new face of Nyehilism? Yes, I think we shall. Meanwhile, the Democratic Party and the campus left (but I repeat myself) continues its rapid descent into the abyss of total madness. Good times!

Identities.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

Lundgren-over-Nye.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

Just-Violence.jpeg?w=768

Free-Speech2.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

Coulter-Berkeley.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

berkeley-2-copy.jpg?w=768

(Snip)

dem-Hypcrisy-2.jpeg?w=768

The-Swamp.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

Kim-Jong-Hair.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

Obama-News.jpeg?w=768

(Snip)

Miss-Lube-Rack.jpeg?w=768

Would you believe that is . . . Nancy Pelosi?? Still kinda fits if you think about it the right way.

(snip)

Westboro-Climatistas.jpeg?w=768

The Westboro Climatistas.

(Snip)

Williams-Concerts.jpeg?w=768

Only Facebook users will get this one. (And please make it stop.)

(Snip)

Watch-Jaws.jpeg?w=768

James-Garner-Gun.jpeg?w=768

And Finally........

GunGirl19006.jpeg?w=768

• Like 2

9 hours ago, clearvision said:

Just checking out tweets in news...

Coulter gave them a hard time for backing down. The Democrat students would have not backed down - but then again they would have had the faculty standing with them and after all they are students and could have faced some life changing consequences from the higher ups.

1 hour ago, SrWoodchuck said:

Bushwacker

hqdefault.jpg

The A-10 of Battlemechs! Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Repeal and Replace Edition

Steven Hayward

May 6 2017

My old mentor M. Stanton Evans liked to say that it is a good thing most House Republicans were pro-life, since they spent so much time in the fetal position. This week they roused themselves to vote an Obamacare repeal and replace bill. Now on to the Senate, where we will test another old proposition, that while Democrats are the opposition to House Republicans, the Senate is the enemy.

Sewnate-Moiuntain.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

Media-Fix.jpeg?w=600

Not-Hillary.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

Dem-100-Days.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

IMG_0294.jpg?w=400

IMG_6883.jpg?w=400

(snip)

50-Shades-of-Green.jpeg?w=700

(Snip)

VZ-fail.jpeg?w=700

(Snip)

Headlines of the week (which might be satire):

Gluten-Meth.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

Sandwich-chart.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

Weather-Virgin.jpeg?w=600

(Snip)

McQueen-Gun-2.jpeg?w=600

And Finally.............

GunGirl20020.jpeg?w=600

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

1-a-1-1-3.png?w=596

As human beings, we’ve been trained to look for the simple answers to most questions in life. Usually, the simplest answer is the correct answer, but not in this case.

You more than likely saw the question and simply stated in your mind that it’s obvious the ball cost ten cents. However, this is not correct. You see, if the ball cost ten cents, and the bat cost one dollar more than the ball, then the bat would cost one dollar and ten cents, making the total cost one dollar and twenty cents.

The correct answer is actually five cents. Let’s do the math:

+ $1.05

= $1.10

If you missed it, don’t feel bad. Allegedly, a large number of Harvard Students can’t figure it out, and this question has been stumping the internet world for quite awhile.

Students at MIT and Princeton have allegedly struggled with this question as well. :snip:

http://sicktwistedhumor.com/50-of-harvard-students-answered-incorrectly-can-you-find-how-much-the-ball-costs/

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Russian charged with breaching U.S. firms says FBI attempted to coerce confession over Clinton hack http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/11/yevgeny-nikulin-alleged-russian-hacker-claims-fbi-/

A Russian man wanted by the Justice Department on charges connected to hacking U.S. companies now claims the FBI offered him immunity in exchange for accepting responsibility for cyberattacks targeting former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Yevgeny Nikulin, the alleged hacker, laid the claim to Russian media Thursday in a letter sent from a Czech Republic prison cell amid an international extradition battle currently underway between Washington and Moscow.

FBI agents promised Mr. Nikulin money, American citizenship and a free apartment for taking the fall over hacking Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, he alleged in a letter published Thursday by Nastoyashchoe Vremya, a Russian-language website.

“[They told me:] you will have to confess to breaking into Clinton’s inbox for [President Trump] on behalf of [Russian President Vladimir Putin],” Mr. Nikulin wrote, as translated by The Moscow Times.

“He was offered to falsely testify that he was cooperating in the attack on the Democratic Party,” defense attorney Martin Sadilek said Thursday, the Associated Press reported.

The FBI declined to comment.

Mr. Nikulin was apprehended in Prague last October pursuant to an internal arrest warrant and was subsequently charged by a federal grand jury in California with hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox and Formspring, three San Francisco-based internet companies. He’s wanted in both the U.S. and Russia, however, and has remained for months in Czech custody as authorities review requests from both countries.

FBI agents interviewed Mr. Nikulin twice since his arrest, he wrote, and each time asked him to confess to hacking American political targets. Mr. Nikulin said he refused their initial request last November, then received a second offer three months later.

FBI agents asked Mr. Nikulin to admit hacking Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign, Democratic Party computers and American polling stations “on Putin’s orders,” he wrote. In exchange, he alleges, the FBI said he’d be extradited to the U.S. but ultimately given money, citizenship and a free apartment.

The U.S. intelligence community concluded in January that Mr. Putin directed the Russian government to wage an influence campaign during last year’s White House race aimed at hindering Mrs. Clinton’s odds of defeating her rival and the election’s ultimate victor, Mr. Trump, using state-sponsored hackers, government-funded propaganda outlets and various internet conduits, among other facets.

The Justice Department has charged Mr. Nikulin with hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox and Formspring, but not for cyberattacks on the political targets compromised during the run up to last year’s election.\

:snip:

• Valin unpinned this topic