Coffee Shop

Valin

On 8/24/2017 at 10:39 PM, clearvision said:

zomby.JPG

I fear its going to get A Lot worse before it gets better....a word or two of advise....

93bac220f50a9fda0fe1ff0d5651110c--mark-t

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Statuesque Edition

Steven Hatward

August 26 2017

Power Line would like to propose that someone, somewhere, put up a statue of Dan Rather—just so we can enjoy watching it torn down. Because “Dan Rather” is just his stage name. His real name is Robert Lee. And “Rather” does come from Texas, after all, and as we all know before the Left gets done, Texas will be expelled from the Union and all things Texan will be purged from the American scene.

Topple-the-Thinker.jpeg?resize=768,468

Statues-vs-People.jpeg?resize=768,510

(Snip)

Schilling.jpeg?resize=768,549

(Snip)

Illinois-Eclipse.jpeg?resize=768,598

(Snip)

Thats-No-Moon.jpeg?resize=768,429

(Snip)

Game-of-Morons.jpeg?resize=768,598

(Snip)

Trump-Oxygen.jpeg?resize=768,804

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

(Snip)

Pigs-to-Sausages.jpeg?resize=768,162

(Snip)

Cosell-Future.jpeg?resize=768,884

Because it’s Jayne Cobb week:

Adam-Baldwin.jpeg?resize=768,477

And Finally..........

GunGirl-120.jpeg?resize=768,954

• Like 1

On 7/18/2017 at 11:10 PM, SrWoodchuck said:

He Fights  https://townhall.com/columnists/evansayet/2017/07/13/he-fights-n2354580

29d1fabd-231b-4a5a-b76f-26d6ada224c4.jpg

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum.  

Marvelous   Thanks for sharing. I proudly n enthusiastically supported DJT as soon as he entered race. I was leaning Cruz prior. The Donald has surpassed all expectations. His evil obstructionist enemies of both parties disgust me. Pray daily for the safety of the Trump n Pence family. Ryan n McConnel need to be replaced. A Freshman with few/no lobbying commitments would do better

• Like 2

Draggingtree

UPDATE! The Ten Causes Of The War Between The States By James W. King and LtCol Thomas M. Nelson

Last week I posted a well-written piece pertaining to the causes of the American Civil War which has received over 80,000 views and many comments. Almost all of the comments were of an inquiring nature asking for sources and where  information regarding the causes of the Civil War could be found. I was able to contact Mr. King (the author) and he sent me a listing of some of his sources. He also sent me the information for the post regarding the CSS Hunley that I just put up this morning and agreed he would send me other articles from time to time.  Thanks to all of our readers for stopping by and thank you Mr. King for your contributions. Below is a note of thanks and the sources. Jeffery

Thank you for reading my article 10 Causes and contacting me. I am an honor graduate of the Univ. of Georgia with advanced degrees but not in history. Virtually everything I have learned about The War For Southern Independence (Civil War) was learned after I joined the Sons of Confederate Veterans  (SCV) organization in 1988. 

I have about 2000 facts, articles, quotes, etc. in "my documents" in my computer. I am planning to write a book. Northern historians have selected what they put in American history books and they have omitted "inconvenient history".There are thousands of sources that verify that which I wrote in my article 10 Causes. Here are a few references:

Books:

The South Under Siege 1830 to 2000 by Frank Conner. It has a list of reference books.

Truths of History by Mildred Lewis Rutherford

Red Republicans and Lincoln Marxists by Benson and Kennedy

War For What by Francis Springer

Lincoln Takes Command by Francis Springer

The Gray Book by SCV in the 1930's

The Invasion of the Southern States by Samuel Ashe (last surviving CSA Commissioned Officer) 1935

The Real Lincoln by Thomas DiLorenzo   :snip: 

http://theferalirishman.blogspot.com/2017/08/update-ten-causes-of-war-between-states.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Week in Pictures: Epic Hurricane Edition

Steven Hayward

Sept. 9 2017

So hot Hollywood actress Jennifer Lawrence says that the line of hurricanes hitting the U.S. is Mother Nature’s way of punishing us for Donald Trump. Ohhhh-kaaaay. Never mind that Houston and Miami went for Hillary. Wouldn’t “Mother” Nature (isn’t it sexist  to assume the gender of Nature???) target West Virginia instead? A real MENSA member Lawrence is, as Hurricane Yoda might say. And when are we going to get Hurricane Yoda? “To the hurricane shelter, go you must?” (What’s that? The hurricane is rotating backwards? Must be a Jedi weather trick.)

Hurricane-Christie.jpg?resize=768,519

Whataburger-hurrican.jpg?resize=768,738

Krugmans-Windows.jpeg?resize=768,854

(Snip)

Melianias-shoes.jpg?w=600

(Snip)

Pelosi-Channls-Trump.jpeg?resize=768,478

(Snip)

Anti-Factosts.jpg?resize=768,764

(Snip)

Obama-Legacy-Shart.jpeg?resize=768,624

(Snip)

Hillary-cover.jpg?w=718

(Snip)

&title=The%20Week%20in%20Pictures:%20Epi

Irony Alert!

Rachel-Melania.jpg?resize=768,295

Like I say, Melania’s First Lady cause should be: “Make America Straight Again.”

(Snip)

Trump-Dreamer.jpeg?resize=768,612

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

(Snip)

Die-hard-1.jpeg?resize=768,117

Die-Hard-2.jpeg?resize=768,397

(Snip)

Jeffs-nukes.jpg?w=581

Who the hell is Jeff?

(Snip)

GunDude-3.jpeg?w=898

And Finally.....

GunGirl2032.jpeg?resize=768,512

• Like 3

Slavery and the War

By H.V. Traywick, Jr. on Sep 13, 2017

To assert the dogma that slavery caused the war of the 1860s sanctifies the North, vilifies the South, glorifies the Blacks, and mythologizes the war. This dogma has been thrown out there as an unchallenged “given” for a hundred and fifty years to put the South on the guilty defensive and keep her there, but it all collapses with one question: How? How, exactly, did slavery cause the war?

Slavery did not cause the war. The North itself admitted it in the New York Times (quoted in the Richmond Whig of April 9, 1861, just before Ft. Sumter):

“Slavery has nothing whatever to do with the tremendous issues now awaiting decision. It has disappeared almost entirely from the political discussions of the day. No one mentions it in connection with our present complications. The question which we have to meet is precisely what it would be if there were not a negro slave on American soil….” [emphasis theirs]    :snip: 

What caused the conflict was not slavery, but Northern imperialism, and Northern Imperialism did not cease with the Surrender at Appomattox.  :snip:    https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/slavery-and-the-war/

The Language of Losing

https://www.steynonline.com/8109/the-language-of-losing

As some of you know, on yesterday's Clubland Q&A I discussed why, for the first time since we launched SteynOnline in 2002, we did not re-post material from September 11th 2001 and the days that followed. As I put it:

If this is a war, there's no agreement on what we're up against: Terrorism? Islamic terrorism? Islamic extremism? Islam? Whatever it is, a president who, on the campaign trail, mocked his predecessor's inability to use the words "radical Islam" himself eschewed all mention of the I-word today. September 11th 2001 was supposedly "the day everything changed" - if by "everything changed" you mean "the rate of mass Muslim immigration to the west doubled". As that absurd statistic suggests, we are not where I thought we would be 16 years on: We run around fighting for worthless bits of barren sod like Helmand province in Afghanistan, while surrendering day by day some of the most valuable real estate on the planet, such as France and Sweden.

That last point may seem obvious. But, if it is, it's a truth all but entirely unacknowledged by anyone who matters in the western world. In any war, you have to be able to prioritize: You can't win everything, so where would you rather win? Raqqa or Rotterdam? Kandahar or Cannes? Yet, whenever some guy goes Allahu Akbar on the streets of a western city, the telly pundits generally fall into one of two groups: The left say it's no big deal, and the right say this is why we need more boots on the ground in Syria or Afghanistan. Yesterday President Trump said he was committed to ensuring that terrorists "never again have a safe haven to launch attacks against our country".

By that he means "safe havens" in Afghanistan. But the reason the west's enemies are able to pile up a continuous corpse count in Paris, Nice, Berlin, Brussels, London, Manchester, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Orlando, San Bernadino, Ottawa, Sydney, Barcelona, [Your Town Here] is because they have "safe havens" in France, Germany, Britain, Scandinavia, North America, etc. Which "safe havens" are likely to prove more consequential for the developed world in the years ahead?

Who's winning what turf? After 16 years of western military occupation, the Taliban control more territory in Afghanistan than at any time since the first US troops went in. On the other hand, after 16 years of accelerating Islamic immigration, Europe has more no-go zones, more sharia courts, more refugees, more covered women, more Muslim-dominated schoolhouses, more radical mosques, more female genital mutilation, more grooming and gang rape, more Muslim Brotherhood front groups, more Muslim mayors and legislators, more Muslim-funded Middle East Studies programs at universities ...and fewer churches, fewer Jews in Toulouse, fewer gays in Amsterdam, fewer unaccompanied women out after dark in German and Swedish cities, fewer historical representations of Mohammed in Continental museums, art galleries and scholarly books, fewer mixed bathing sessions at municipal swimming pools, fewer lessons on the Crusades and the Holocaust in European schools ...and less and less free speech in some of the oldest democracies on earth.

In Afghanistan, we're fighting for something not worth winning, and we're losing. In Europe, Islam is fighting for something very much winning, and they're advancing. And, according to all the official strategists in Washington and elsewhere, these two things are nothing to do with each other.

To be fair, a lot of the ever increasing restraints on free expression are self-imposed: newspapers decide that it would be "insensitive" to publish certain cartoons, publishers politely decline novels on certain themes, and in Minnesota (where I'll be in a couple of weeks) white progressives agonize that remembering 9/11 is "Islamophobic". Which is weird - because a space alien visiting the United States for Monday's ceremonies would have been stunned to discover that Islam had anything to do with 9/11. As I mentioned yesterday, the President forbore to mention Islam at all: Instead, we were attacked by "horrible, horrible enemies" and "enemies like we've never seen before". Well, we've seen a lot of them since, and they appear to have certain things in common - things that this President was once not shy about mentioning. Yet, insofar as Islam got a look in from officialdom, it was a passing reference in the speech of Defense Secretary "Mad Dog" Mattis:

Maniacs disguised in false religious garb thought by hurting us they could scare us that day.

Well, whoever they are, these "maniacs" can evidently scare grizzled hard men called "Mad Dog" into concluding that, when it comes to mentioning the I-word, discretion is the better part of valor. "False religious garb" means we're back to the standard Euro-squish line that all this Allahu Akbar I'm-ready-for-my-virgins stuff is a "perversion" of the real Islam, which is a peaceful faith practiced by millions of people for whom self-detonation is an unwelcome distraction from traditional activities such as clitoridectomies, honor killings and throwing sodomites off tall buildings. Stop me if you've heard this before, but these "maniacs" are hijacking this "religious garb" in order to peddle a "false" vision of Islam. Foaming-canine-wise, Mad Dog sounds about as mad as, say, Theresa May. I take it that, even in today's politically correct military, you can't earn the epithet "Mad Dog" simply by handing out diversity awards to the Transgender Outreach Liaison Officer of the Month, and General Mattis served honorably and impressively in Afghanistan and Iraq. But, when it comes to strategic clarity, that may be the problem.

In Iraq, everyone's Muslim - mainly because all the Christians got chased out on America's watch. So it's both reasonable and necessary to distinguish between Muslims - between the ones who want to kill you no matter what, and the ones who might be more flexible on that point. I sat in cafés in Rutba and Ramadi and got on well enough with the locals, but I confess I was more circumspect about the clitoridectomy shtick than I am above. Nevertheless, the distinctions one makes in the Sunni Triangle are not useful in the wider world. Old-school imperialists understood this. In 1939, Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Sanders (who was born in Abbotabad, where Osama bin Laden met his end) accepted an invitation to lunch from the Waziri tribesman who'd blown him up and cost him his right arm a week earlier - because, in Waziri terms, this particular tribesman was less worse than many of the others. That kind of unperturbable imperial élan would strike the contemporary world as slightly nutty. But what the Colonel would have found truly nutty is inviting thousands of that Waziri tribesman's relatives to live in England.

In 1980, when a concerned official apprised him of electoral irregularities in certain areas during Zimbabwe's pre-independence election, the Governor Lord Soames (Winston Churchill's son-in-law) scoffed: "Good God, man, this is Africa, not Surrey." The ability to distinguish between Africa (or the Middle East, or the Hindu Kush) and Surrey is vital. General Mattis' line about "maniacs disguised in false religious garb" might be politic or even sincere when advanced in Tikrit or Basra, but delivered at the Pentagon it's the most feeble dissembling 16 years into an existential struggle. And its deployment on 9/11 itself - on the home front, on sacred ground where blood was spilled - is not a small thing. It underlines that, in a profound sense, the dreary endless unwon wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere are not just a peripheral distraction from the real, central front, but an obstacle that prevents even the shrewdest and bravest of men from framing the struggle correctly.

In a sense, we have a hot war and a cold war operating simultaneously. The hot wars are in those bits of barren sod I mentioned yesterday - places where we're tourists with last decade's Baedeker: As one appreciates when looking at all those dodgy chaps John McCain was having his photo taken with a few years back, no one really knows who the good guys are in Syria - and anyway today's good guys all hold that designation conditionally and you've no idea where to look on 'em for the "best by" date. It's like the old 1066 And All That joke about the Irish Question: whenever the English get close to the answer, the Irish change the question. That goes quintuple for the Syrian, Afghan, Yemeni and Libyan questions.

Meanwhile, there's a cold war - the remorseless incremental Islamization of the heart of Christendom. Of course, there were simultaneous hot wars during the last big Cold War, too. But we were more clear-sighted with the Soviets: We understood that Afghanistan was peripheral, and that what mattered was preventing our enemies from hollowing out the free world. Today, the men running this new war think Afghanistan is the be-all and end-all, and that the hollowing out of the free world by the west's enemies is not merely irrelevant but in fact evidence of our moral virtue.

You can't connect what's happening in Molenbeek, Malmö and the other "safe havens" of the west with the "safe havens" of the east if you think what's going on is about random "maniacs" adopting "false religious garb". And until we do make that connection we are doomed to lose.

And incidentally the continuous protestations that hardcore incendiary extremist Islam is an unfortunate aberration would be more persuasive if western politicians ever paid the slightest attention to genuinely moderate voices within Islam. But they don't. They either ignore or consciously marginalize them. Case in point -Yahya Cholil Staquf:

Western politicians should stop telling us that fundamentalism and violence have nothing to do with traditional Islam. That is simply wrong... The approach you describe won't work. If you refuse to acknowledge the existence of a problem, you can't begin to solve it.

He's right. Which is why, 16 years on,

:snip:

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Draggingtree said:

Slavery and the War

By H.V. Traywick, Jr. on Sep 13, 2017

To assert the dogma that slavery caused the war of the 1860s sanctifies the North, vilifies the South, glorifies the Blacks, and mythologizes the war.

It also overlooks the fact that the Union was a slave holding Union for "four score and seven years"  before people decided to blame all slavery on the South.   Had the Southern states remained in the Union,  Slavery would have continued at least another 40 years.   I point out the math on this to people who don't seem to grasp the point.  A constitutional amendment requires 3/4ths the majority of the states.  There would have to be 44 states in the Union before the first attempt at abolishing slavery could take place assuming the 11 states of the Confederacy would vote against it.  At the earliest this could happen would have been 1896 with the entry of Utah into the union.   Assuming the other Five slavery states that remained in the Union during the war opposed it also,  it would require a Union of 64 states to pass such an amendment. 

As it is,  they simply dodged the proper constitutional process for abolishing slavery,  and it was more or less done through the power of the army.   It was a dictatorial abuse of power,  but nobody cared because they wanted to punish the people who fought against them in the war,  and so they pretended it was all legit. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Week in Pictures: No Kneeling Edition

Steven Hayward

Sept. 30 2017

If I want kneeling, I head to a liturgical church on Sunday, not a sports stadium. It mattereth not that football-basketball-baseball is the secular American holy trinity: the separation of church and state—or at least the separation of sports and politics—ought to proscribe the sideline moral preening Olympics. Aren’t end zone celebrations offensive enough?

Presidential-Knees.jpeg?resize=768,605

(Snip)

Goodell.jpeg?resize=768,545

(Snip)

NFL-and-Christian-Baker.jpeg?resize=768,

(Snip)

Bob-Costas.jpeg?resize=768,404

NFL-statements.jpeg?resize=768,526

(Snip)

Rocket-Man.jpeg?resize=768,577

(Snip)

&title=The%20Week%20in%20Pictures:%20No%

(Snip)

&title=The%20Week%20in%20Pictures:%20No%

(Snip)

Signing-Things.jpeg?resize=768,789

(Snip)

Climate-Roundup.jpeg?resize=768,549

(Snip)

Rambo-Lunchbox.jpeg?resize=768,638

Imagine what would happen if your kid took this to school today?

Tweet of the week:

Sheepdog-tweet.jpeg?resize=768,992

Photo of the week:

Valin Says What Has Been Seen Cannot Be UnSeen!!

(Snip)

Stripper.jpeg?resize=768,821

(Snip)

GunDude-4.jpeg?resize=768,569

And Finally..........

GinGirl-2041.jpeg?resize=768,509

• 2 weeks later...

The Week in Pictures: Continuing Liberal Freakout Edition

Steven Hayward

Oct. 21 2017

I don’t know, but doesn’t it seem that liberals and liberalism are steadily losing ground everywhere? They’ve killed the NFL; the Hollywood box office take this years was already way down before Hurricane Harvey hit Sunset Boulevard; Federicka Wilson is doing he best to become the face of the Democratic Party: and the Trump Administration chugs along with its swamp draining project. What’s not to like this week?

Democrat-Mysogyny.jpeg?resize=768,573

(Snip)

Oscar-Statue.jpeg?resize=768,1012

Hollywood-Oscar.jpeg?resize=768,507

(Snip)

Weinstein-Money.jpeg?resize=768,552

Trump-Cloud.jpeg?resize=768,508

Trumps-Shredder.jpeg?resize=768,888

(Snip)

49ers-Truck.jpeg?resize=768,537

(Snip)

Boy-Scout-update.jpeg?resize=768,479

(Snip)

Headlines of the week:

Bacon-Assault-hed.jpeg?resize=768,263

Wife-Nagging-hed.jpeg?resize=768,130

(Snip)

Miami-Politician-hed.jpeg?resize=768,173

(Snip)

Putin-Hillary.jpeg?resize=768,576

Caption unnecessary.

(Snip)

Gekko-Insurance-sales.jpeg?resize=768,76

Can I interest you in some car insurance?

(Snip)

Roger-Moore-Gun-Guy.jpeg?resize=768,795

And finally, perhaps our mascot for the next several weeks, IDF veteran soldier Orin Julie:

Orin-Julie-4.jpeg?resize=768,512

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Some of us can Multitask!

Looks to me like I had ESP. I believe I made that comment before the 'Harvey' story broke :)

29 minutes ago, Geee said:

Looks to me like I had ESP. I believe I made that comment before the 'Harvey' story broke :)

Or maybe you had inside information from The Russians! <_<

:D

19 minutes ago, Valin said:

Or maybe you had inside information from The Russians! <_<

:D

Ah, you have exposed my secret! If you don't hear from me, I have had a visit from one of Vlad's henchman:o

Play Spot The Racist! Win Valuable Prizes...Fun for the whole Family.

There are basically two groups of people in America today that obsess on someones Race

Harry+Reid+Democratic+Party+Leaders+Hold

kkk.jpg

• Like 1

• Valin unpinned this topic