Coffee Shop

Rheo

US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, wife, friends robbed at knife point at his Caribbean vacation home; no injuries reported - @NBCNews

Breyer owns on the Caribbean island of Nevis. Arberg said the machete-wielding intruder took about $1,000 in cash and no one was hurt.

Nevis Island

There's something about this small, sombrero-shaped island that grabs you. The charm and tranquility takes you back to a time when things were simpler, when life was more peaceful, when stress was just a word, not a way of life.

This 36-square-mile island lies near the top of the Lesser Antilles archipelago, about 200 miles south of Puerto Rico, and just west of Antigua. This island jewel is approximately 7 miles long and 5 miles wide, with natural vegetation that is unparalleled.

Green and serene, Nevis is truly one of the remaining unspoilt places and proudly carries the name, "Queen of the Caribees." From the top of the 3,232-foot Nevis Peak to the depths of the clear waters offshore, there is a world of flora and fauna to be explored. In the hills, the comical green vervet monkeys chatter and scamper; in the sea, the whales cruise by. Stroll around and see the architecture of eras gone by: churches, windmills, and refurbished Great Houses.

Its 10,000 residents are friendly and helpful, ready to make new friends and welcome back regular visitors. The genuine charm and hospitality radiate into the unspoken, "Welcome," "Be my guest," and "Do come again."

Nevis is special, a place that will seduce you, and tug at your heart strings after you leave.

Like they say on Nevis: "You're only a stranger here once."

laugh.png

Two thoughts:

They'll never attempt "eminent domain" there.....like they did at his home in Connecticut.

If the world crisis continues to develop & excrement ever hits the rotating cooling device......white people on "friendly" Nevis, will probably taste better, with plenty of Island spice.

• Like 1

WestVirginiaRebel

White House Economic Adviser: 'We Need a Global Minimum Tax'

“He supports corporate tax reform that would reduce expenditures and loopholes, lower rates for people investing and creating jobs in the U.S., due so further for manufacturing, and that we need to, as we have the Buffett Rule and the individual tax reform, we need a global minimum tax so that people have the assurance that nobody is escaping doing their fair share as part of a race to the bottom or having our tax code actually subsidized and facilitate people moving their funds to tax havens," Sperling said.
  • Like 1

Proof! Absolute proof that Barack Hussein Soetoro Obaaaaama is a Usurper! *

*Shock header for those that want to think I'm a "birther" fanatic

• Like 2

I would bet that Mr. Conason would be offended if I were to point out that The "o", Hillary Clinton and James Earl Carter are all avowed anti-semites.

I would, further, contend that he would be dumbfounded by the concept that an interest in immigration control does not make one a racist, nor does angst over mandated cultural diversity equate to bigotry.

Egypt: Islamist Presidential Candidate Says He Will Force Women To Wear Hijab If Elected…

An ultra-conservative Egyptian presidential hopeful has said that if he is elected as head of state he would force women to wear the hijab (veil) or “change creed,” adding that Islam provides no guarantees of personal freedom.

“If you claim that Allah considers it your personal freedom, show me your reference. Nobody has ever said that – except for people who have no understanding of the Shariah,” Hazem Saleh Abu Ismail, a long-time supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, said in a recent interview with the Egypt’s Tahrir TV.

He said that if he is elected president he would enforce the hijab on women and that if they do not want to wear it, they have to change their “creed.”

He did not elaborate on what he meant by changing their “creed” and whether this meant changing their religion, knowing that such a move is strictly forbidden under the Shariah law and could result in capital punishment.Scissors-32x32.png

----------

Ultra conservative?

128736629770803705.jpg

I have this dream. It's a small simple dream, I have no illusions that it will come to pass, it is this

These dumber than a pile of rock idiotic birthers would go away and quit bothering us sane people with their the moon is made of green cheese nonsense.

If I may quote my friend Duane....

DON'T BE ON MY SIDE your 15 minutes of fame have expired....go home.

Egypt: Islamist Presidential Candidate Says He Will Force Women To Wear Hijab If Elected…

An ultra-conservative Egyptian presidential hopeful has said that if he is elected as head of state he would force women to wear the hijab (veil) or “change creed,” adding that Islam provides no guarantees of personal freedom.

“If you claim that Allah considers it your personal freedom, show me your reference. Nobody has ever said that – except for people who have no understanding of the Shariah,” Hazem Saleh Abu Ismail, a long-time supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, said in a recent interview with the Egypt’s Tahrir TV.

He said that if he is elected president he would enforce the hijab on women and that if they do not want to wear it, they have to change their “creed.”

He did not elaborate on what he meant by changing their “creed” and whether this meant changing their religion, knowing that such a move is strictly forbidden under the Shariah law and could result in capital punishment.Scissors-32x32.png

----------

Ultra conservative?

It will be interesting to watch what happens to the Arab Spring (particularly Egypt) over the next 10-20 years. To see who comes out on top of this battle.

That was really good. I just wish they would not bring his birth certificate issue into it. It is not about where Obama was born but where his father was a citizen at the time of his birth. So yes, the birth cert does play as do his college transcripts if he came here on a foreign visa. It would show the information supplied at birth and what Obama supplied at the time....and they won't meld to meet the qualifications of Natural Born Citizen.

128736629770803705.jpg

I have this dream. It's a small simple dream, I have no illusions that it will come to pass, it is this

These dumber than a pile of rock idiotic birthers would go away and quit bothering us sane people with their the moon is made of green cheese nonsense.

If I may quote my friend Duane....

DON'T BE ON MY SIDE your 15 minutes of fame have expired....go home.

@Valin

Are you disputing the "facts" of this important "mini-documentary?"

I just finished an interesting book by Jack Cashill..."Deconstructing Obama" which only touches on the "birther" issues.....being primarily a well researched book about Bill Ayers' book......"Dreams of My Obama's Father"...and there are some birthers that think his real father is either, Frank Davis.....Grampa Dunham.....or Jimi Hendrix? Which would, of course make him a natural born bastard......rather than a self made one.

@SrWoodchuck

There was no 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll, Buzz Armstrong really did walk on the moon, there are no secret UN bases either under Detroit or in the Mojave dessert, there are no lizard men controlling the world, & Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. And there is a very good reason why WND is known as World NUT Daily.

@SrWoodchuck

There was no 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll, Buzz Armstrong really did walk on the moon, there are no secret UN bases either under Detroit or in the Mojave dessert, there are no lizard men controlling the world, & Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. And there is a very good reason why WND is known as World NUT Daily.

@Valin

i believe everything you say, because.....you said it on the internet......

Here is where I am on the issue.....

Obama's "truth team" did exactly what they set out to do. Redirect and when people started asking legitimate questions..they put this "birther" issue out and make it go viral. Now, they can label anyone who is finding the truth....a kook and a nut.

The issue has always been his birth certificate and college transcripts and visas. But not in that he was born somewhere else or his cert was forged. (although could be) If he would have had his cert forged, why not forge in the country of his father? Did the people who placed him not understand the Constitutional requirements? Why take a chance and not do a forgery that would have not even made this an issue?

They didn't/don't know the Constitution and that is why we still have a chance to fire him. This is also going to have to be resolved if we ever want Rubio or Jindahl to be elected president or VP.

So, I'm not a "birther", but a student learning about Article II of the Constitution.wink.png

When John Conyers starts wanting to change Article II of the the Constitution, you know it is not good.huh.png

@SrWoodchuck

Ha. You are doing exactly what they want.

His father's citizenship and renouncement of his former government/country at the time of Obama's birth is what matters.

@Valin, are you messing wit us?

Here is where I am on the issue.....

Obama's "truth team" did exactly what they set out to do. Redirect and when people started asking legitimate questions..they put this "birther" issue out and make it go viral. Now, they can label anyone who is finding the truth....a kook and a nut.

The issue has always been his birth certificate and college transcripts and visas. But not in that he was born somewhere else or his cert was forged. (although could be) If he would have had his cert forged, why not forge in the country of his father? Did the people who placed him not understand the Constitutional requirements? Why take a chance and not do a forgery that would have not even made this an issue?

They didn't/don't know the Constitution and that is why we still have a chance to fire him. This is also going to have to be resolved if we ever want Rubio or Jindahl to be elected president or VP.

So, I'm not a "birther", but a student learning about Article II of the Constitution.wink.png

When John Conyers starts wanting to change Article II of the the Constitution, you know it is not good.huh.png

Have fun.

@SrWoodchuck

His father's citizenship and renouncement of his former government/country at the time of Obama's birth is what matters.

Where was he born?

@SrWoodchuck

Where was he born?

His father, as we know him to be Barack Hussein Obama, Sr, was a Kenyan citizen at the time of BHO's birth. Should his father change, then who the heck knows!

At least with Rubio, his parents renounced and applied but were not approved until Marco was 4 years old, IIRC.

righteousmomma

Whether he is or is not is a moot point by now. Nothing short of a bloody second American World Watts riots will displace him.

The questions still are censored.gif .(for my safety)

Whether he is or is not is a moot point by now. Nothing short of a bloody second American World Watts riots will displace him.

The questions still are censored.gif .(for my safety)

I don't think it is moot at this point. We have the Constitution. We still have the foundation.

We are facing a bloody American war. United we Stand, Divided we Fall.

This is our now. Our moment in time to stop this.

righteousmomma

I hear ya Rheo but realistically its not gonna happen now. The ballot box is our only hope AND we also have to sweep out Pelosi, Reid, and dozens of others. As Rush said today the Country cannot afford any Democrat any more.

(Amazing how many are still oblivious)

• Like 1